Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: quick report from Florida

jh

What picture

Thismorning the wind is back up badly so we bagged the boat rental. They wouldnt even let us take it as there was a waterspout spotted close by.

Mems. You are so right about blind casting. The first three tarpon shots I had my knees were knockin pretty good, but I settled down with them. When I made the cast to the permit, I was shaking so bad I think the boat was putting off a ripple like a struggling salmonfly The fact that I made a perfect cast was a gift from above. My guide guessed the bone to be in the 9# class. I am cursed with a huge body. I am 6'5" and my shoulders are about 2' across All that means I make big fish look small. I'm always saying "No! it was bigger than that...really!"

Jay

9 pounder! Wow...that's around half the weight of the world record, very impressive. Has Scott your guide seen/caught bigger?

You're right you do make fish look smaller, I don't think the fish I saw in the Bahamas were 9 pounders.

Has Scott your guide seen/caught bigger?
    Oh yeah. Guys get fish like this here all the time. Scott said the average keys bone is 6#. Mine was big, but theres a lot bigger ones here. Bones in the teens are caught by experienced and/or lucky anglers every year.

Jay

Wow, that's awesome. I think I saw that the world record is only like 17 pounds right? Did I see something outdated?