View Poll Results: Which photographer took your favorite picture?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tristan

8 21.05%
  • notyalc

0 0%
  • mems

0 0%
  • MSP

2 5.26%
  • Hairstacker

1 2.63%
  • Sculpin

0 0%
  • Langenbeck

3 7.89%
  • Adam Grace

1 2.63%
  • jbird

5 13.16%
  • Bolden

3 7.89%
  • John H

2 5.26%
  • Matt Frey

2 5.26%
  • Big TJ

0 0%
  • MrBig

1 2.63%
  • pm

1 2.63%
  • WillJ (fineandfar)

2 5.26%
  • Katz

0 0%
  • slage

0 0%
  • SteelieD

1 2.63%
  • PaulC

1 2.63%
  • Rob

2 5.26%
  • Scott V

0 0%
  • kokaneejr

0 0%
  • DocEsox

1 2.63%
  • Jay Murakoshi

2 5.26%
  • jblack

0 0%
  • other, if I missed any other photographer

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo Contest Voting Poll

We should be thanking you Jay, you are the one that started the idea of a contest.

Also, an unnoficial congratulations to Tristan. You should start thinking about what the next contest should be so we can get it started quickly.

I will also refrain from submitting a photo for this next contest.
    Don't do that, we want as many pictures as we can get. If you win twice in a row it shows the quality of pictures you are taking.

Sorry guys, I've been away on a business trip.

Yes, Jay Thanks for a great idea.

Tristan, congratulations, that was a cool picture. I like your idea for the next contest.

Why don't we start the contest on this Sunday, 9/30/07 ?
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Do you guys want to increase the limit of pictures per contest entry to 2 pictures this time?

What else might you want to change besides eliminating SLR & P&S categories?

Adam Grace

I do not care too much about changing the rules, although being able to use two pictures would be cool. The only thing is when you are voting you won't
    know which photo youy name was voted for. maybe that does not even matter though.

I am just hoping for a little more participation in the voting next time. We got a lot of nice pictures, but only 30 or so votes.

I was also hoping for a greater participation for both votes and picture entries. Maybe this contest will grow in numbers next time.

I think that each contestant will have twice the opportunity to get votes if they admit 2 pictures. The voters will vote for their favorite photographer based on one picture just like before.

Adam Grace

Default still happenning?

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if anyone still wants to do this? It looks like it got sent to the back burner? Adam? Trisan? Bolden?

Jay

Sorry for not helping get the next one going, i had a couple of tests this past week.

I definitely think we should get the next one going soon.

The winner of the first contest, Tristan, said

I guess if I have to choose the next theme I would suggest that we try "waterscapes". (River, creek, lake, favorite fishing hole....with one caveat...try and keep it plain and simple... no "casting themed" photos framed in a landscape, or boats racing around, or having lots of people interacting and disturbing the picture.. ect...just keep it simple with landscapes of water.)
    Hopefully one of the admins can post this, which is basically just a small change from the first one. I think we agreed to have two photos per
    person to encourage more participation.

Here is the next contest.

Photo Contest #2 - Waterscapes

Each participant may enter up to two photos.

The topic for this contest is waterscapes. This includes any pictures of water and surrounding nature, no people.

The contest will last through Sunday, October 21, when a voting thread will be opened to tally the results. The voting poll will be open for about 7 days.

There will be one winner, decided by the voting thread, that will choose the next photo contest topic.

This thread is for pictures only, NO discussion in this thread please. If you wish, you can give specifics about your own photos. For example, what camera, what lens, where it was taken, any photoshop changes, etc.

Good luck to all.

Looking forward to partcipating in this one. Didn't have anything worthy enough to submit last time.