Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photo contest submission comments

Adam,

My picture was taken with a Nikon Coolpix 3 megapixal point & shoot.
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

P&S kool pix 4500.

MN

Should we ask all voters to cast a vote in both catagories?
    I think so.

Also, for the photos you posted for BigJT, what cameras were they taken with? To me it looks like they are both P&S, since you can only enter one
    for each camera type, maybe edit the post and leave only the best one and put the other one in here so we can still see it.

Mike N- If that is your entry, make sure to post it in the pictures thread. It is the sticky that stays at the top of the page.

Keep the photos coming everyone.

maybe edit the post and leave only the best one and put the other one in here so we can still see it.
    This is a non-contest photo from BigTJ...and a beauty I might add

Wow. What a great bunch of pictures. I guess I'm gonna have to try to take some underwater shots with my Optio WP. I just bought it for when I fall in the river. I dodn't want to get chewed out by my wife for ruining cameras like Jbird does

Mark
    Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy. Ben Franklin

Okay. There are some pictures in the contest that have a lot of info on where and how the fish was caught and even some good detail on the camera used. except it does not say P&S or SLR

When it comes to voting things will be a lot less confusing if you make it abundantly clear on your post which camera type was used.

Jay

Bolden,

I just got to say that it seems a bit snobbish to be so picky on allowing only one type of photo each, and also saying my pics look "point and shoot". The idea is to have some fun, and it's not really a contest anyway, so what's why be so anal? Can't we all have a good time without worrying about what the pics were taken with? And wouldn't you feel a bit sheepish if my pics were taken with an SLR? The idea is for everyone to have a good time, not to look down your nose at amatuers that don't live up to pre-conceived standards.

Jay,

Thanks for posting the pic. I think it's a bit funny I asked you to keep the one of the steelhead, and you ended up keeping the Truckee Rainbow! Says a lot about Truckee Rainbows.

-John

Hey John

look again. I'm pretty sure the steelhead pic is in the contest thread. http://www.kiene.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=7146 I put the other one in this thread cause it was such a great photo I wanted to post it somewhere If the fish in the contest thread is a truckie river rainbow, I'm packin my bags tonight and headed that way!

Man I hope this whole thing isnt too confusing

Jay

I am starting to think we may want to simplify the format if the trend remains the same by, say, the end of this week.

Thus far there is only one SLR photograph submitted. The participant with the SLR has such a brilliant P&S shot posted, I personally prefer his pns shot better (that is certainly not to diminish the SLR shot..its beautiful...just trying to shore up my point) It does however appear to be an unfair advantage to be able to post 2 photographs. I am pretty sure the guys with SLRs are avid photographers. Which means most likely, their P&S shots are of a very high caliber by default.

There has been enough "stumbling in the dark" trying to enter photos so far, that I would bet the voting might suffer from a similar confusion. The last thing we want are hanging chads

I am leaning back to my original suggestion of posting one picture. That way it wont matter if the poster left out information. And virtually no chance of a voter misreading an entry and voting for the wrong picture.

Any thoughts??

Jay

Bolden,

I just got to say that it seems a bit snobbish to be so picky on allowing only one type of photo each, and also saying my pics look "point and shoot". The idea is to have some fun, and it's not really a contest anyway, so what's why be so anal? Can't we all have a good time without worrying about what the pics were taken with? And wouldn't you feel a bit sheepish if my pics were taken with an SLR? The idea is for everyone to have a good time, not to look down your nose at amatuers that don't live up to pre-conceived standards.
    I will try to respond to this in segments. First, Jay, Adam, myself, and others have been discussing this contest for about a week and we went
    back and forth a number of times about the format. We decided for this first contest that you could post two photos, one from the slr and one for
    p&s. I have been one of the people here who have helped get things going, so i am just trying to make sure the rules are met.

As far as calling your photos "point and shoot", that was not meant as disrespect towards your photos. As i mentioned, i am trying to help keep
    the submissions in line with the format we set up, and when we vote we need to know what kind of camera was used. I have looked at LOTS of
    photos over the past year, and i have learned about certain things that differentiate a p&s and an slr. Some of my favorite photos are from my
    p&s, so i honestly did not mean to disrespect you.

As far as me being anal, i am just trying to keep in line with what a number of us agreed on. If no one does this, then the contest will fade
    away and people will post photos like we used to. This isn't bad, but look at how much participation there has been since the contest has started.
    There has been more participation this past week than the entire summer, and i am really enjoying that part. So this may not be an
    entirely serious contest, but so far it has been great fun seeing everyones pictures, and without the contest format we might not have all
    of this participation.

I am leaning back to my original suggestion of posting one picture. That way it wont matter if the poster left out information. And
    virtually no chance of a voter misreading an entry and voting for the wrong picture.
    I think you may be right. The question is, should it be one photo period, no limit on camera, or should it just be one p&s. Although most of my
    favorite shots are with my slr, i am perfectly fine only being able to enter p&s shots in the competition. I can always put my extra slr shots in the
    discussion for everyone to see. Maybe adam will put in his opinion on this too.