Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photo contest submission comments

Default Photo contest submission comments

I just saw that Gordon posted a nice picture, great shot Gordon! You didn't tell us what type of camera you used though, I'm guessing a point and shoot camera. If future contestants could post what type of camera they used that would be helpful when I create the voting poll.

I hope that this contest will also inspire board members to take more photos. I would love to see the new amount of photo essays/posts to increase!

I recently ran across a nice picture that I wanted to submit but I didn't take this picture. I was holding this Feather River steelie that I caught, my buddy and local guide Ryan Miller took this nice picture.

I enjoyed this picture so much that I had to share it with you guys.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Wow Mark nice fish, thanks for the submission!

I am getting very excited about this contest thing. \/

BIG thanks goes out to Jay for starting this whole thing!

Adam Grace

Very nice photos everyone.

Here are some older pictures which i did not even think of when i posted the contest ones. Too bad i did not see them before i did that.
    Maybe i will be able to use them in another contest.

Ben I really like that bottom picture! Every time I try that the fish never wants to pose like that, they swim off away from my camera. I also have a hard time framing the picture without sticking my head underwater along with the camera Or I either get air bubbles or water debris clouding up the picture.

Adam Grace

It's lots of fun for me looking at what talented photographers can do. I'll try and keep my camera with me this year and post a few pictures. Jbird knows about my camera jinx. Usually if I have a camera along I loose a lot of fish or get skunked. The jinx is so bad my 3 sons wouldn't let a camera on the boat when we went fishing. I tried keeping my camera with me year before last and dropped the first 22 out of 24 steelhead I hooked. After those two weeks the camera stayed at home most of the time.

Mark
    Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy. Ben Franklin

Nice bass shot Mike, I like how the bass is halfway in the water.

Adam Grace

Mike

I concure with Adam. I remember the day you first posted that. Theres just something a little sureal about it. Theres not a single ripple coming off the fish...like time just stopped!

Jay

Don, nice peacock picture, and Mike I love that silvery king, very nice. Thanks for joining the contest.

Adam Grace

Wow, I like the amount of people posting their pictures, thanks for joining in the fun. I especially like the unexpected amount of underwater shots, good pictures guys.

Adam Grace

Great photos everyone! Keep them coming!

For this contest to succeed, we really need everyone to specify if the camera used was a P&S or a SLR. If you give all the other specifics, most of us still wont know what category to vote in.
    This will also be important for all us voters when we start the poll, We need to have a clear and simple explanation that there are two camera catagories to vote on, otherwise, a good percentage of voters will just vote on their favorite picture. Its a litle confusing, but everyone can cast two votes. an slr and a p&s.

Actually this brings up a new question. Should we ask all voters to cast a vote in both catagories?

Jay