Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Photo contest submission comments

PaulC

Ther is just something slightly evil about that pic you posted. The color theme to the whole photo is just kinda dark. Very cool!

Jay

Hey all just wanted to say that I am loving all the fish portraits. I think that we should just enter one photo and who cares what kind of camera anyone has. Bolden and Rob can take a fantastic photos with pinhole cameras and if they or others are brave enough to bring their SLR's near the water more power to them. I am thinking that after seeing some of the underwater stuff that the real advantage is to those who have the Optio cameras. Now if I can only figure out how they do it so I can take one of my own .

Good luck all and keep those photos coming.....Craig.

Default Sorry.....just had to vent....

Hard time deciding between fish portraits I love.....here are a few that strike me but didn't post:

Beautiful, but often maligned male Chum Salmon.....caught in Montana Creek while fishing for rainbows:

My favorite coastal rainbow trout from Montana Creek:

And, Missouri River brownie resting after release:

My wife thinks I am touched as I have a giant screen saver composed of fish portraits. Somehow after fishing for nearly 5 decades my intense love of viewing the exquisite uniqueness of each type of fish never fades. When it does I think it will be time to move on to the other side.

Brian

Nice pictures Brian.

Guys due to the lack of postings on this thread as of late, how long do you think that we should allow people to submit a picture?

Also how long should we leave the voting time frame be?
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Adam,

My 2 cents is that by this weekend everyone had plenty of time to submit and most who would have already did. I think Sunday would be an appropriate time limit as people working all week would have one last chance to find that photo they have been looking for and post it. As for voting I think a week is long enough just so we don't get to bored waiting for the next contest. Don't get to frustrated with it Adam I think it will work and is a ggod idea Craig.

Brian that chum is beautiful.

Rob I don't know how you can bring an SLR that close to water but fantastic shot. That belongs on the cover of a fly tying mag.

That sounds good to me too. Honestly, I am suprised at how few have participated. I have seen so many great shots posted here over the last couple years, I thought this contest would be a log jam of regular posters wanting to show off their fish. Thats really what this is about!

Jay

On a side note...As fun as this has been for the folks who have participated, maybe the next one we could consider 2 photos per person. Just to see more stuff!! Not mandatory but only if you want to post two. Another thing that might be fun would be to have a topic that would be kind of an "assignment" Like an action photo. I know I would want to get out on the water with a buddy and take as many photos as I could to try to get some neat action shots. This is definitly the time of year to do it

One final note... How about we make a sticky post that contained each victorious photo at the top of this section. After a few months time, we could have a pretty cool little portfolio going.

Just thinking out loud

Jay

Jay, 2 pictures sound good to me.

Guys, I just tried posting a poll with 24 submissions and the software wouldn't allow so many polls, irritating after all that work. I will send Bill and Eugene a message seeing if they can change a setting to allow more poll options.

We will vote as soon as we figure out how to use the poll system.

Adam Grace

Adam, you should be good to go now, I set it at 50 for now just in case you decide to go crazy.
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Thanks Gregg! You're the man!

Adam Grace