Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo Contest #1 - Fish Portraits

Default Photo Contest #1 - Fish Portraits

Photo Contest #1 - Fish Portraits

Each participant may enter up to two photos, one photo from an SLR camera, and one photo from a P&S camera.

The topic for this contest is fish portraits and will be limited to pictures of fish, which means that the main subject in the photo will be a fish. Hands
    and arms in the picture are alright, but no photos including an entire person (aka hero shot).

The contest will last through Sunday, September 23, when a voting thread will be opened to tally the results. The voting poll will be open for 7 days.

There will be two winners, one for a photo from an SLR camera and one photo from a P&S camera. From the two winners, the one with the most
    votes for their winning picture will choose the next photo contest topic. In the case of the same person winning both contests, that person would be declared the winner of the SLR contest and the runner up in the P&S section is to declared the winner of that section.

This thread is for pictures only, NO discussion in this thread please. If you wish, you can give specifics about your own photos. For example,
    what camera, what lens, where it was taken, any photoshop changes, etc.

Good luck to all.

I guess i am first.

This fish was caught on the Missouri River in Montana. It was cloudy
    earlier in the day, but when i took this picture it was bright sun, so i underexposed a stop and a half to keep detail in the gillplate. In
    Nikon CaptureNX i raised the exposure in the shadows to make it look how i remember it. I also did small adjustments to contrast, saturation,
    and sharpening. I actually have a 20X30 inch print of this above my bed.

Good luck to everyone else in the contest and thank you Eugene for making this thread.

P&S
    I had a heckofa time deciding which one to submit. This is my newest nice photo so its my current favorite.

This steelhead was landed last week on the rogue river and photographed with a sony cybershot dsc p100. the mode was "auto."

There was a drop of water on the lense that I had to touch up in photoshop, It was in the rocks below the fish.

Jay

Here's my submission for the P & S category:

A nice trout caught on the Yuba River.

Taken in a program mode without a the flash...If I remember correctly. No photo enhancements.

This is my best fish portrait but I haven't focused much on fish portraits. I guess that I need to concentrate on some fish portraits next time I'm out taking pictures of fish

Lets get some more entries and make this contest more about viewing cool pictures without worrying about winning.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

26" Wild Rogue River Steelhead with a P&S:
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

One of three from Sunday. P&S in Program. Optio WP camera

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy. Ben Franklin

P&S. December Bass, California Delta:

-- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

This is from my POS P&S Sony 2mp.

Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Default P&S Peacock bass

Don Memmer

Default P&S Brown Trout

Taken with a p&s but enhanced. Seems a bit over done but I kind of like the effect it gives. It was taken with a Minolta Dimage x31 3.2mp. I didn't use photoshop, just the tools in the Microsoft Picture Manager.