Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Photo contest?

oops! Sorry adam, we were typing at the same time...CRUD! wouldnt you know it, we have a split desision .

I'm easy Adam, your way sounds fine, As I said, lets roll and see how it works.

If you or Bolden can visualize a format for starting it, please do

I think a site administrater can make a post sticky after its conception?

Lights, camera, action!

Jay

Yeah lets give it a try with two contest.

I'll send Bill a PM to get this started.

The message asked Bill to make a sticky thread to post this as the main body:

Photo Contest #1 - Fish Portraits

Each participant may enter up to two photos, one photo from an SLR camera, and one photo from a P&S camera.

The topic for this contest is fish portraits and will be limited to pictures of fish, which means that the main subject in the photo will be a fish. Hands
    and arms in the picture are alright, but no photos including an entire person (aka hero shot).

The contest will last through Sunday, September 23, when a voting thread will be opened to tally the results. The voting poll will be open for 7 days.

There will be two winners, one for a photo from an SLR camera and one photo from a P&S camera. From the two winners, the one with the most
    votes for their winning picture will choose the next photo contest topic. In the case of the same person winning both contests, that person would be declared the winner of the SLR contest and the runner up in the P&S section is to declared the winner of that section.

This thread is for pictures only, NO discussion in this thread please. If you wish, you can give specifics about your own photos. For example,
    what camera, what lens, where it was taken, any photoshop changes, etc.

Good luck to all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the deadline for submissions I will create a poll. We can just start a discussion without the need for a sticky discussion thread.

I hope that there will be a great turn out for this contest!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Adam
    Lets get some more entries and make this contest more about viewing cool pictures without worrying about winning
    Thats what really motivated me to bring up the idea. I love to look at pictures! I hope no one is detered by the competition.

For everyone thinking about posting a photo in the contest, just do it! we all want to see your favorite picture...whether it wins or not, it'll be fun!

Jay

Jay, lets hope that many people contribute their fishing photos for us all to enjoy!

Adam Grace

Jay, lets hope that many people contribute their fishing photos for us all to enjoy!
    Thats one of the best parts.

I was just thinking too, is there any easy way to make sure when we vote we can't vote for ourselves? If not we can go by the honor system and i
    don't think that would be bad at all.

Nice pictures by the way.

I think that the honor system will work well here, everyone seems to be honest and genuine.

I hope that this contest will also inspire board members to take more photos. I would love to see the new amount of photo essays/posts to increase!

I recently ran across a nice picture that I wanted to submit but I didn't take this picture. I was holding this Feather River steelie that I caught, my buddy and local guide Ryan Miller took this nice picture.

Adam Grace