Mike,

Thanks for the info. I'll try that

Jay

OK, let's see if I followed Mike's instructions correctly

It worked.
    Mike, thanks alot. Now I know how to do two things on the computer

Jay

Geez Jay, How about a little warning next time? Great pic. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Jay

I think adam was refering to my comment about photoshopping. I remember him doing some cool stuff with that photo a while back. It is an amazing photo in its original form too..

Jbird

PS Sheesh Jay, we may already have a winner!. Is that one of them huichiniaongo thingies?

That's a critter from the Australian waters

Jay (the other J)

Yup, the contest is over....Jay's the winner, great shot and great color!

2 weeks sound like a good amount of time. I like the separate posts for picture, comment and voting. As far as the voting goes I think that we should wait until the contest entry deadline is closed and then make a poll so that keeping track of all the submissions and use the website to keep track of how many votes are cast, we can enter the photographer's names in the poll fields.

I'll post a fake poll to show you guys what it'd look like.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Adam

I like the poll you posted. That will work!

I had a little change of heart on something, tell me what you guys think.
    I think a VERY small % of us own a SLR camera. I actualy dont even know what one is But most of you with a SLR have a P&S----?
    Because of the suggested surperior quality of the SLR, perhaps its an unfair advantage??? Maybe for this first contest we should only submit P&S photos.

Or maybe Were just splitting hairs here, another idea would be to just submit your favorite picture, no matter the origin, and see where the chips fall? And when the winner is anounced, he/she can give us some detail about the photograph.

Jay

Well, it seems as though most of the contest format is agreed upon, except for the slr and p&s.

Here is a little list.

- two weeks long
    - three seperate threads for pictures, discussion, and voting
    - most votes wins (obviously)
    - winner chooses next topic (????)

So, please respond to this and just mention if you think my little list is alright. Also, so that we can get the slr and p&s thing solved, put exactly
    what you think should happen with them.

For my thoughts on slr and p&s, i think we should have one picture thread and everyone has the option to put up to two photo's, one slr and
    one p&s. If you do not have one or the other, then you will only post one picture for the camera type you have.

If everyone agrees that the winner will pick the next topic, then i think i have a solution since there will be two winners (assuming we have both
    camera types). When the voting takes place, everyone will vote for one slr and one p&s, so if there are ten people who vote, then there will be
    ten votes for both camera types. The person who picks the next picture will be the person with the most votes for their picture that won.

For example, lets assume there are 10 people who vote. The slr winner got 5 votes, with the other 5 going to other slr pictures, and the p&s gets
    6 votes, with the other 4 going to other p&s pictures. The result is that the person with 6 votes on the p&s would choose the next topic.

I realize this may be a little confusing, but i think it would work well. if we decide to only have one picture per person, then the one winner
    would pick the next topic.

So please respond and tell me what you think so that we can get this thing started.

I can't remember what it is but it was pretty.

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy. Ben Franklin

Bolden, that sounds just fine to me

Mark, that looks like a cool fish, great coloration.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member