Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0 for 5

Default 0 for 5

First off, Bill, it was awesome to finally meet you and chat with you at the shop yesterday.

I took a trip down to Watt bridge and fished all around the island last night. When I got there, Jeff was there looking like he was going to do a lesson, and there were a couple fly guys out in the water.

I passed one on the way out to the island and he had caught a couple "trout" above the riffle. There was another down between the riffles so I watched him for a while from the island while I rigged my rod. He got nothing from what I saw.

I went to the downstream part of the island and pounded the water all around for a couple hours. Nothing...did not even see any boils, topwater action.....not a ripple.

It was beautiful out there though, with my back to the bridge...I'll take that 3 hours of catching nothing over any amount of work....anytime.

I refuse to give up....My goals for this year: 1 Striper of decent size, 1 Steelhead, lots of casting practice; at least 2x a week on the water.

erhetta, good luck out on the American. That river can be frustrating at times but it can also create some great fishing memories. Good luck with your goals.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Thanks Adam....

I think that 2 fish in a year is pretty reasonable....Heck, I know friends that 2 fish an outing is a big disappointment....

Eric,

Meet me Friday @ howe ave river access 4:00 pm. I will get you your first striper. You bring the beer :P

Damian 916-207-2428 or damian@hookedupanglers.com

Wow....right on. I gotta find somebody to fill in at my MC Club meeting that I am supposed to be going to. I will confirm tonight or tomorrow morning via email or phone call.

What kind of beer? I still have some of this year's Skinny Dip or can get anything you may prefer.

These boards rock...

Very Cool Damian!

Good luck guys!

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Ok, cleared for tomorrow....I will be there. I will call you in the AM to confirm.

Hi Eric,

It was inspiring to meet and talk with you at the shop yesterday.

I can guarantee everyone here that in the next few months big things are going to happen for you on the lower American River.

You have the right idea about it all. I have seen hundreds start out and most all are fly fishing and really enjoy the sport.

Like me, it sounds like you just love getting down there and casting.

Some years we have better runs of fish and some years we don't.

If you stay at it, and it sounds like you will, it will all go your way in time.

Welcome to the Kiene clan of interesting characters.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

How'd it go?

Hopefully now 1:6 ..........

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Absolutely fantastic trip. I am now 1 for 6 on the lower A for Striper. Many thanks go out to Damien. What a beautiful stretch of water:

1 hook up of a very small schoolie, but big enough that while D was yelling, "strip, strip, strip" the little guy kept pulling back all the line I was pulling in. Finally got a grip and hauled it in. Ok, so not the biggest of fish, but ya know what? It was fun, the fish was released, and I have new respect for those little stripers and a fly rod.

I also had one other hit that I set too hard, and 1 big one that I freaked out and pulled the clouser away from right under the boat.

Now it is time for some more casting practice and wait for the steelies to come out to play.