Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Creek today

Default Yellow Creek today

I spent about 6 hours on Yellow Creek today, the wind made an already challenging place to fish slightly frustrating.

The low summer flow has exposed more aquatic vegetation requiring more precise casts that were almost impossible with the swirling winds.

I took advantage of the wild flowers and the sunlight to take a bunch of pictures due to the slow fishing.

I landed about 7 trout today, most coming from dries, and one on a nymph. I missed a peck at my streamer in one of the deeper slow sections.

Here's a picture of a little brookie that I caught latter in the day.

Even though I didn't catch many trout I did however catch 2 dragonflies

I am guilty of casting this guy out onto the water, while still wrapped up in my leader, in hopes of luring out a big brown, no success

I waited all day for a hatch to start, I saw no hatch. I found only a couple of pods of rising fish around 6pm.

The flies that worked today were, a small BWO nymph, Foam ant, emerging BWO dry, but E/C caddis was the best producing pattern,

7 trout, 2 dragonflies and a bunch of pictures = a nice day
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Cool pics (as always) Adam!
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver

Jeff F. and I fished the canyon section Saturday afternoon. I got skunked but Jeff F. got a brown and a couple of rainbows. We camped overnight on the NF Feather and I got a 16-18" rainbow in the morning. The water as too warm on the NF. Yellow Creek water temps were nice and cool and there were a lot of bugs in the water. I couldn't believe how big the meadow in Humbug Valley was. Jeff C.

Default Nice pictures!

You posted some nice pictures. Looks like the flowers are all in bloom and I'll bet it was very pretty up there. Too bad about the wind, but thanks for the pictures. If it had of been a calm day, we'd all have missed these pretty shots, most likely, as you'd have been busy doing "other" things.
    Mike

Beautiful pictures Adam! I must admit I'm not too sympathetic -- you got to fish a beautiful place during the midweek and you caught trout.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Nicely done Adam. You just took all the guess work out of my upcoming weekend. Great photos
    worth the walk

Default Yellow Creek

Really great images!

What camera and settings did you use?

The colors and textures are wonderful and so crisp
    and vivid.

Thanks for th photo compliments guys.

SF - I use a Pentax W10 waterproof camera. Most of these shots were taken with a circular polarizing filter.

I modified my camera so that I could use this filter to reduce glare, increase cloud-to-sky contrast and to photograph whats under the water better.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

The real question is what camera did you use to take a picture of your camera
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Nice pics Adam, Yellow Creek is on my short list. If I can ever catch up with chores around my house I'll head up there. How is it for elbow room on weekdays? Paul