Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Stripe Caught Sunday on American

Default Big Stripe Caught Sunday on American

I just got a call from a buddy of mine who is a member of a fishing board called Full Speed Fishing. So, he guides me through the site and there it is...photos of a massive female caught Sunday morning above Watt Avenue, bogaed in at 49 pounds, and released. What a fish! They are out there. I need to get out there.... What's the fish of the season so far caught by us fly guys?

I had a 50lb or so fish from the same area (it's open mouth could have fit a bowling ball!) take a slash at an 8lb Sacramento Pike I hooked just as I was bringing it close to the boat, but that was as close to a big fish as I have got this year. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same fish.

If the big gal took, would that have been considered fly fishing or bait fishing?
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Default Re: Big Stripe Caught Sunday on American

Quote Originally Posted by A Matthews
    I just got a call from a buddy of mine who is a member of a fishing board called Full Speed Fishing. So, he guides me through the site and there it is...photos of a massive female caught Sunday morning above Watt Avenue, bogaed in at 49 pounds, and released. What a fish! They are out there. I need to get out there.... What's the fish of the season so far caught by us fly guys?
    Yeah Mark is a savage. He really puts in the time and deserves that fish. I'm glad he opted to release her!

We heard about that fish yesterday too.

We believe they are in there to 60 pounds.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default A Striper

Can you direct us to a site with a picture of this Striper. ?

Fish sniffer has it, go to the message boards, stripers, and click the link for striper pics.... the last page has two photos.

Jeff
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Thanks , Jeff .

Nice fish - notice the missing lobe on the top of the tail ..... she won't be hard to miss if/when caught again . Holding her by the lip w/ a boga isn't a good thing , but I flopped my big one on the sand for photos , which was probablly not so good .... . That fish has a MUCH better chance then the ones that wind up in the ice chest though

I've seen them to the mid-50's , and have no doubts that there are 60+ lb. Stripes in there . That will be a hard fish to top in one's lifetime . Congrats to Mark , and a huge THANK YOU for the release =D>

David

Here she is!

I'm convincing myself thats a clouser in her mouth too.

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

That is a BEAST!
    "Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught."

Holy TOAD Batman!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member