Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rogue holy water

Hey Jay,
    Dig the pic man.
    After reading you guys' reports, I'd love to make it up to Oregon one of these days.
    If you ever venture south into our neck of the woods and want to go way south in June/July, I think you'd dig chasing corbina.
    The beach might not be fly only, but odds are on some beaches, you'll have it to yourself.

-Paul

You guys should plan a 'Kiene's BB Fish-out' on the Rogue River in October?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Paul

My wife kicks around the idea of going to san diego every summer. We almost were going to go this month but couldnt. I never got too excited about her plans but now with all the info i've taken in of the area, I think I'd love to do it. I would love to do the mako thing!

I see you live in oxnard. I used to surf that area sometimes in my youth. I grew up in newport beach and we'd stop in oxnard/ventura sometimes on our way to rincon. Some unruly locals in that area

I know you are quite a ways from san diego but youve posted about san diego in the past?? Anyway, I'd love that kind of fishing, stalking the beach with a flyrod is at the top of my "fun list"

As for a rogue get together in october...who wants to come up? If you like steelhead, you'll like the rogue in october

John, You are right, I would love to explore more water in northern cal. Care to show me around?

Jay

I fished for actively feeding corbina last summer, and they are definately an impressive fish. I loved the way all the surfers asked what i was fishing for, and i just pointed at the corbina slitherring back out to the deeper water with gis back sticking out of the water.
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010

Dustin,

I would have told them I was fishing for great whites

Jay, thanks for the info. I'd be curious of the downturn myself. Sure hate to hear of fly-only water taking a tank.

Ron
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

I might be down for some steelheading on the Roque in October!!! Pick a weekend!
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver