Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shad are still here!

Default Shad are still here!

There are still shad in the American. No huge numbers and you have to work to find them. Here's by count for the past few days:

Sun 10
    Mon 4
    Tue 3
    Wed 3

It's not over until I make my last post on the subject for the season.

Jeff C.

Keep up the good fight Jeff!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Great job Jeff! Have enjoyed checking in on your shad reports throughout the season. Are you still testing your "photoluminescent tinsel" flies?
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Jeff you would not believe how many guys are jealous of you catching these guys.

Last hour of light weekend report:

Fri 3
    Sat 2
    Sun 3

Lots of missed hits and LDRs. Bruce fron San Diego got 13 in the middle of the day yesterday, so they can still be caught but you have to work for it. The glow in the dark tinsel works! Been tying mine with biots like a Prince. Jeff C.

6 last night (3 were hens). It was a beautiful evening and a spectacular sunset with the clouds. Only Bruce and I were fishing. Jeff C.

Thanks for continuing the reports.

Being out there with a good fishing friend, enjoying the weather/sunset, the sound of the river passing thru you, without the "usual" suspects that Ron describes so well, is great fishing. Bonus is catching a few. Enjoy.

2 last night. Bruce got 4. It wasn't peaceful like Monday evening. Loud heavy metal music and profanity from the people BBQ'ing right next to the water, Bob Sparre driving his boat up and down trying to put his clients into fish and a drift boat that showed up at sunset. Lots of surface activity after the sun went down. I think I'm going to use a floating line and skate some caddis tonight. Jeff C.

I think I was upstream a click from both of you. I could hear the music downstream from me and a bunch of kids were splashing around in the water. Sparre's boat went right through where I was fishing, but I still landed a few after he took off by fishing a 250 grain line with a chartreuese dart. Curious to hear how the caddis dry works out for you Jeff. I'm staying tuned. Great reports, hope the season continues a bit until you are good and ready!

Joe
    Regards,
    Joe

Fishing is like hockey...ya gotta get it in the net!

I have an off-the-point question for you guys....how far, or what distance is a "click" supposed to represent?
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member