Thread: Russian River wading opportunites...

SullyTM Guest

Default Russian River wading opportunites...

Playing host to some Buckeye State guests next month who are staying in the Sea Ranch/Gualala/Jenner area...I was wondering if anyone can point me to some areas that are accessible from shore or by wet wading. I know that the Russian travels inland from the coast up and beyond Cloverdale. Are the inland areas along Highway 101 better opportunites for fly fishing?

Thanks.

Thom

Default monte rio

if you go to the town of monte rio on the 116 before Guerneville(if you are driving from Jenner) and turn right at the stop light, there is an old movie theater on the left and before you go over the bridge there is a parking lot and river access where I have seen and caught fish there before. Next month there should be some smallie action on the river too.
    Fish Hard!
    T

SullyTM Guest

troutstalker...Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the information. I am familiar with that stretch of road. Has the dry winter affected the river this Summer?

Thanks.

Thom

The russian runs all up and down highway 101. I just drove from San Francisco to Trinidad a few weeks ago and I was parallal with the river for miles. Whether it is easy accessible I am not sure....but there is a great chance given how much of the river is on 101

Thom
    The river probably could be a little higher but it is very fishable right now. Not nearly as high as last year after all those rains though.
    Fish Hard!
    T