Thread: 3 days, 5 rivers, lots of wind and people

Default 3 days, 5 rivers, lots of wind and people

I spent Friday thru Sunday roaming the Sierras looking for trout. I spent Friday and Saturday morning on the East Walker. I landed 18 over that time. The fishing was tougher than when I was their 3 weeks ago as the fish have become more selective and matching the hatch and getting good drifts has become very necessary. The fish are feeding very actively on top during the numerous hatches. It was very crowded and I was not able to fish some spots because there was someone in them every time I checked. I caught most of my fish on an X caddis or EC caddis.

I tried the West Walker briefly Saturday afternoon, but the wind was howling and I did not spot any fish or get any strikes. I moved over the the East Carson and fished below Hangman's bridge and picked up 3 over a couple of hours.

Sunday a buddy on mine and I hit the Truckee area. We started on the Truckee and I picked up a couple of small fish, but the wind started early and the fish did not seem very active. We moved over to the Little Truckee which was as crowded as I have ever seen it. We fished a couple of hours and I picked up 4 (2 on PTs, 1 on a stimulator and 1 on a #20 Para Adams). Unfortunately my buddy did not get into any fish.

Monday I gave the fish a rest and played golf!

Thanks for the very detailed report Markem.

Sounds like you had some fun up there.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I pretty much gave up fishing the Truckee and LT during the weekend...too much pressure.

Hell, I pretty much gave up fishing on the weekend...If it wasn't for my 2 fly fishing buddies who only have weekends off, I'd only fish Tues-Thurs.