Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What time do fish wake up in the Sierras

Oh Geez, half a dozen wise-assed answers to that just popped into my head. But I'll pass on em. He's talking about a fly pattern, the Wooly Bugger. I'm going up to Cameron Park Lake this evening, swing on by and say hello. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl
    Oh Geez, half a dozen wise-assed answers to that just popped into my head. But I'll pass on em. He's talking about a fly pattern, the Wooly Bugger. I'm going up to Cameron Park Lake this evening, swing on by and say hello. Ed
    I'll be there, I will be on a orange pontoon
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Ants = Killer fly

Fish them dry.

Fish them like a nymph with some shot or dropper behind a bigger bug under an indicator. Ants only float for a while, super-low profiled, then tend to sink after they drown.

Catch fish and take pics, then PM me.

Well I went up Sunday around 9 or so, drove down Silverfork Road for about 4 miles, and did some walking up stream. I had a great time but did not get a single bite. It is probably due to a lack of my experience with fishing in a river and for trout. But I still had a great time, and can not wait to get back soon.

There is usually some good fishing on the Silver Fork. I am surprised you didn't get any bumps. I always like to hit the Caples Creek Campground area, which is about 6-8 miles down Silver Fork Road. Don't give up on the spot quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik
    There is usually some good fishing on the Silver Fork. I am surprised you didn't get any bumps. I always like to hit the Caples Creek Campground area, which is about 6-8 miles down Silver Fork Road. Don't give up on the spot quite yet.
    I'm going back this weekend, I refuse to give up, I will catch my a beauty out of there.