Thread: Rubicon

Default Rubicon

Hit the Rube on Wednesday, fished from Lawyer up to the Sisters. Caught tons of dinks, 10 inches being the largest, don't know what that's all about. Lots of Golden Stones around, not as large as what I'm used to seeing, about a size 10. Caddis everywhere. Water level and temps near perfect. Excellent hatch of skeeters on the way out. Any of you guys fishing up there find any size this year? Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Default Rubicon

Hi, Ed--same experience. I'm willing to bet that the nicer fish are around but for some reason aren't eating. Call me sometime when you're going that way and I'll join you.
    Bill Carnazzo, Spring Creek Guide Service
    5209 Crestline Drive, Foresthill CA 95631
    630 S. First St., Dunsmuir CA 96025
    (530) 367-5209 in Foresthill
    (530) 235-4048 in Dunsmuir
    bcarnazzo@ftcnet.net
    Web site: http://billcarnazzo.com/

Default Re: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carnazzo
    Hi, Ed--same experience. I'm willing to bet that the nicer fish are around but for some reason aren't eating. Call me sometime when you're going that way and I'll join you.
    Hey, can I tag along as well??? I could act as a body guard

Thanks Bill I'll be in touch. I had this same type experience 1 year after the big flood in the late '90s. Interesting population/size dynamics. Big ones have to be there somewhere for there to be little ones. The tribs are still fishing well, No Fish creek seems to be recovering quite nicely from the onslaught of bait fishers a few years back. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.