Thread: New Message Board Accounts

Default New Message Board Accounts

Because of a large increase of spammers creating user accounts on the messageboard, we have implemented a few anti-spam techniques in our sign up process. We are now reviewing and manually approving all new accounts.

We also ask a few questions to determine if you are human or a spambot. This includes a simple spelling test (only 1 letter, nothing to worry about) and we ask where you live.

WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR A NEW ACCOUNT, MAKE SURE YOU PUT SOMETHING ABOUT FISHING IN YOUR INTERESTS SO WE KNOW YOU ARE NOT A SPAMMER.

Thanks for bearing with the delays on new user accounts. If anyone has any comments or concerns in this area, send me a message at gregg@kiene.com.

In order to expedite your account approval, send an email to webmaster@kiene.com with your account name stating that you are a new account and would like to be approved right away. This email address goes to three people, and one of us can activate you.

If you register with a gmail or hotmail account, your approval will be delayed since 99% of these accounts turn out to be spammer accounts. If you would like to expedite your request, email myself or Bill with your username.

If you are international and get a notice that your IP address is banned, email me and I can create an account for you. I banned several different countries because of the spammers.

Thanks!
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Send me an email if you are not getting approved/actuated.

Posting photos on our message board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmcI...utu.be&t=1m38s
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I'm a newly returning member. I've noticed very few people have their picture attached to their posts now. Even photo wiz Adam Grace has no pic. I've tried attaching mine over and over with smaller and smaller files. The last one was 1" x 1" and formatted thru photoshop fer the web. Is their a problem with the system? Or something I'm missing about the procedure of uploading to the profile?
    Any help is appreciated
    thanks
    dave

Unhappy

Yeah, I tried to upload a picture for my profile, and it shows on my profile, but it says upload failed, and doesn't show on my posts....
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

This messageboard has 2 pictures and it's a little more confusing. There is an avatar and a user profile picture. You set your user profile, but not the avatar. I did the same thing initially too. This is set it your User Control Panel (User CP). I set your avatar for you and I see it shows now. Let me know if you need anything else.
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

it worked! thanks Gregg!!

Thank you VERY much Gregg, you are a techy blessing
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I always get a cackling, laughing sound when I try to post a fish picture. LOL.
    Thanks to Gregg for such a smooth running operation.
    Best,
    Larry S

hi all!! i am new in this site..i am hoping we can share interesting insights and to gain more knowledge as well..

thankyou!