Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Walker and Green Creek report

Default East Walker and Green Creek report

Hello, I am new to the board. I fished the East Walker last Fri, Sat and Sun. The fishing was great. I think I landed 47 over parts of 3 days and LDR'ed several others. All but two were caught on a variety of dries (caddis and mayfly imitations). Most of the fish were browns in the 12-15 inch range. I did get a couple in the 17-18 inch range.

I also went up to Green Creek on Sat afternoon and landed 7 on dries (1 bow, 1 brook, 5 browns). It was my first visit to Green Creek and it is challenging fishing with crystal clear, calm water with all the beaver ponds, but it is in a great setting and it has colorful little fish.

Welcome aboard! You've obviously been doing fantastic and on dries no less. Great job!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Welcome, I hope that you enjoy more great fishing this season.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

I heard the East Walker and Hot Creek were fishing well.

Welcome aboard and thanks for the great report.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

E komo mai.

Good job on the Walker and Green. I've been fishing nymphs a lot and forgot how fun it is to fish the dries. Can't wait for the hopper season!

45 fish on dries in three days! Nice work.
    Thanks for the report.
    patrick

Default report

Thank you! The Walker is on my list of of streams to visit this summer and now maybe the Green too. PB

Yeah, the E. Walker has been outstanding this spring. A lot of big fish and lot's of healthy smaller ones too! If you want to fish the E.W. NOW is the time...water temps are already getting into the high sixties. By late June/July/August it will be too warm to be healthy to C&R these fish. This is a normal deal here but will be exascerbated by the low snowpack. The E.W. is best in spring and fall.

As far as the biggest fish I have heard of this season...fellow Trout Fly guide, Brad McFall recently landed a 30.5" brown. Don't want to ruin the surprise, you will for sure see the fish on the cover of some fishing mag soon. Brad was fishing with Sage rep John Sherman and no doubt John got some great photos of this monster!

Hot Creek has been banner. I have been on HCR and a lot on the public water. We are again seeing a drake hatch mid-day...not as heavy as last year but still good. Mid-morning and afternoon caddis hatches are awesome. PMD's as well.

I have been fishing the Middle Fork of the San Joaquin the last three days. It is already getting freaky low...late August level right now. Hurry on this one too!

It's not all bad news...I predict most of our lakes around here to fish very well all season. Upper Owens should be very good all summer too.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread. I saw the E.W. report and wanted to add some stuff. Thanks for listening.
    "Fishing should be a ceremony that reaffirms our place in the natural world and helps us resist further estrangement from our origins."
    Thomas McGuane

www.reeladventuresguideservice.com

Default Thanks All

Thanks for the welcome to the board. I am planning on going back the the East Walker the weekend after next. I will post another report. Fished the Truckee yesterday, I will post a report under that thread.

We fished Hot Creek & Upper O early last week and got blow off by that freak storm. The mountain got a couple inches of snow Tuesday night.
    Fished lower O on Wednesday am, but the flows were being bumped up, between that and the winds, we managed a few mini-browns.
    Steelhead gear = $6287, no of adults caught = 3, amortized cost = $2,095.67, beaching that 30" fish and letting it go = priceless