Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta 6-03-07

SullyTM Guest

Nice report Mike! Glad you put more time on the H20! Patience is a virtue

For me it was more of a learning experience. Mike filled me in on some of the tendencies and then he let me be...I could have followed him around the Delta like a puppy, but I'd rather figure things out and ask questions every now and then...He's a very good instructor, something this first-timer appreciated.

It was a gorgeous day! The wind was blowing by the freeway, but once we got to the spot there was very little wind...There were a few other on the water anglers...we were the only fly guys! It was interesting to see and feel the tide go in and out. If I had to guess, the water temp had to be in the 60s?? I used an 8wt. rig, Sage Launch and Ross reel. It tossed the deer hair flies real well. Mike, I'll be stopping at Wally World for that Delta map. Saw more bugs on Sunday then I did on the Little Truckee on Friday Kind of wish some of them pesky critters would head to the Sierra.

All in all a good day on the water with Mike and the inflatables

I'll try and get my photos exported later...

Charlie, we were in the South Delta below Mildreds. The wind still chased me off in the afternoon though.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.