Thread: 6/1/06 Little Truckee Report

SullyTM Guest

Default 6/1/06 Little Truckee Report

Traveled East with MSP to the Little Truckee. Beautiful day...low-mid 70's. Slightest of breezes...blue skies with occasional cotton ball clouds. We were on the water from about 9am to 3pm. Absolutely no bugs to speak of so we fished sub-surface. Droppers and other strategically placed flies were the weapons of choice. There were plenty of fish present...several on their beds spawning. In fact, as we wet waded I found on several occasions the trout were at your feet heading up stream!! Definitely not spooked by a pair of size 11's!!

I hooked into 3 but all shook off...Mike landed 4-5 rainbows! I'll try and get the photos up later...probably through MSP.

I still haven't seen the bugs that have been reported...Even on an "off" day I figure there would be some insect activity...my box of dries are waiting for some top water action.

All in all a good day in the Sierra...

Later...

Thom

[/url]

Mahalo for the report, Thom.

I was wondering how it would be after the high flows...Was there a lot of company on Friday?

SullyTM Guest

James...Ran into 3 anglers fishing the same section we were at, but "plenty" of room for everyone. Saw 4 others folks further downstream off of highway 80. I'm not at expert on the flows but we wet waded and it wasn't that bad. However, some waders for a backup probably wouldn't hurt. We both fished 4 wt. rigs with floating lines...

Thom