Thread: anyone else?

Default anyone else?

5/19/07 - 8 pm - American below log hole (paradise) caught one 13" male; had a couple strikes; my first shad of the year, thought it was the beginning of a good stretch.

5/21/07 -but - skunk today, same place. some fish thru out day at shanghai bend on the feather but a zoo to fish.

I assume that the velocity or current of the A as it meets the Sac is not as strong as the Feather at Verona? At least not enough to lure 'em upriver in big pods. I know the shad are stacked at the falls but the Feather from Verona through Nicolaus and beyond isn't exactly a raging current either.

Silly shad. There's no rhyme or reason to 'em.

I got a couple this weekend (a small male and a fiesty hen) and lost a couple because of a weak hook at the Log Hole. A guy I've seen shad fishing over the years caught 6 yesterday morning. Thanks for the fly Ron! Jeff C.

I checked my usual haunt on Saturday... a few guys throwing top water for stripe but I saw no shad so I haven't even gotten my feet wet yet.... but looking back I don't usually even bother until June anyways so I'm not sweating it........
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Well I'm still hoping for a lost 1/2 pounder but not today. I did hang a couple of Shad, must have gone 5 maybe 6 inches. Thr first one came flying out of the water and started running right up the shallow bar I was standing on. Then a 5-6 pound Stripe came right up behind it right at my feet. I tried to get the Shad back over the ledge where the Stripe dissapeared but it came off just as it got into the deeper water. Pretty cool.
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Default Flogging the Water

I fished Sat, Sun, Tues, and yesterday for a total of 15 hrs of fishing on the A. Result 4 shad (2 males, 2 hens). If you figure a minute between each cast, thats 900 casts. It's a good thing that I'm throwing a shooting head using my 6 wt. Jeff C.