Thread: Bass gone wild!!!

Default Bass gone wild!!!

I fished "the pond" for a couple hours today. The topwater action was rediculous! I put on a 4" crease fly on a 2/0 salwater hook and got some really big bass. I got some good sized ones on my frog popper, but the crease brought the big boys up from the depths.
    At one point I was walking the shore and saw the largest bass I've ever seen in the pond. I stopped and started fishing to him. I had a small dryfly on at the time cause fish were rising to caddis on the surface. The hog looked at my fly closely and refused. This fish was swimming to and fro very excitedly, like a dog waiting for you to throw a ball. He couldnt give a rip about my presence, I was waving my rod right over him. I half heartedly tied the crese fly back on...I didnt test the knot...DOH!. I backhanded a cast within range of the fish. He was like a dog with a ball. Smacking it with authority! I set the hook and the thing did a double backflip. Next thing I know, I paid the piper for not testing the knot...Aaarrggghhhhh!!!

All in all, it was one of the funnest bass experiences I've had. One topwater explosion after another!

Jay

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Great to hear that you had fun, I'm jealous. Once my finals are over I will go out and harass some bass myself.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Now THAT is a "pond" to be savored and treasured!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I couldnt take it! I had to go back today The wind was coming strong from the north and cool. the fish were NOT happy. Very few visible cruisers and even less hookups.

I got a huge suprise with this bad boy. I thought there were only bass in the lake. So did the lake owner. He planted bluegill and crappie when the pond was born but hadnt seen any in a couple years. This was the largest bluegill I have ever seen. No wonder it never got eaten

Here was one of the few bass I got on the crease fly today. It was a quality fish though.

Jay

Which gave the better fight between those two?

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Just noticed the size comparison between the 'gill and your rod handle. That thing is huge! I've had smaller than that spin my float tube around. If Bluegill grew to 30 pounds none of us would be safe. Nice pics Jay. Like the angle on the Bass pic, did you lay on the ground to take it? Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Katz

The bluegill gave me a longer more animated fight. It just turned its side to me and went back and forth. But the bass wins the prize for being a topwater explosion

Ed. For a little perspective, the distance from the butt of the rod to the front of the cork is just under 11". It does knida look like I was laying down for the bass shot huh? I just stuck the camera in its face for something different

Jay

Wow, congratulations on a GREAT fish! VERY nice!!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.