Thread: Delta , May 12th

Default Delta , May 12th

I learned the meaning of WIND today

Dragged the float tubes to Westgate Landing park on highway 12 - Ed and I met up w/ Rich Owings for some Bass buggin' ..... Hit it around 10:00 , called it around 3:30 .

The total was 3 cookie-cutter two pounders , several dinks , and one big one dropped . It blew so hard that topwater fishing was difficult (even while using fins to hold position) . We threw everything but senkos and the kitchen sink . First half of a rising tide was best , water was pretty warm .

No nasty boat traffic at Westgate Landing - It's a nice little place that would be perfect IF there was a flat spot to launch a Tube/Yak/boat . We launched the tubes off of a steep rip-rap bank and were very lucky NOT to have any shredded waders/broken bones . Camping is allowed and the water is sheltered enough for small personal watercraft .

Saw NO GEESE (what the hell ??? ) and a large Sea-Lion ( Hope he gets converted into dubbing/Shark food ). Nice outing despite the wind-gods trying to kill us ...... as usual .

That's it !!

David

I've got to hand it to you guys for trying. I walked outside that morning and said, "forget it!" Looked like 25-30 mph winds. But at least you guys got some.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.