Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yuba 5-7-07

well if thats the case no one should have anything to worry about should they - the law is the law - so if your not tresspassing - fish away - but if you don't want to get shot or a ticket for tresspassing i would suggest you enter this navigable water at a legal access point or just have your attorney on speed dial - but bewarned poor cell service in the goldfields -

Default Tresspass Issues on the Yuba

David is right. As long as you access a navigable water via a legal access point you can lawfully walk in or along it as long as you stay between the mean high water mark and the shorline. The only problem is that often local law enforcement is not very well versed on tresspass laws. Even if they are, they may write a citation anyway (just to keep the locals happy) and let lthe DA decide if he/she wants to prosecute. In the meanwhile you have to go through all kinds of BS trying to nip the thing in the bud. I was once cited (bogusly) for tresspassing in Yolo County and they sent me a letter requesting that I present myself at the County Jail for booking! Not wanting to submit myself to such indiginity I was fortunately able to nip it in the bud (which is a whole other story) and get the whole thing dropped. The point that I am try to make is, even if you know the law is on your side, be prepared for the possibility of getting hassled anyway. As for me, I'm going to take my chances above the HWY 20 bridge.

I just cut/pasted what Tristan wrote .

I'm not too keen on trespassing on private land . A stream bed ....... well , that's another story . I've fished the lower stretches of the Bolla Bokka (did I spell that right ??) by wading , never getting out onto the posted land , and Dry Creek in Rocklin ..... where a woman ragged me up and down for being on her posted LAND .

She was adamant that I get my happyself the F off her property , I explaned as best I could that a flyrod usually isn't used (or useful , for that matter ...) for crackhead activites including , but NOT limited to breaking into houses/sheds . stealing stuff , vandalism , carjacking , rape , etc. ..... I guess she didn't really understand that I was in a creek , during open season - had I left the water , perhaps she would have had a leg to stand on . I couldn't have blamed her for being bent if I was on land , but I wasn't .

Sure pee'd her off when I thumped a nice Smallie from a hole just at the end of her yard . She then started in on how I was destroying the wildlife .

When I released that Bass ........ she looked at me like I was nuts .

David

"I'm not too keen on trespassing on private land " I won't tell if you don't. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl
    "I'm not too keen on trespassing on private land " I won't tell if you don't. Ed
    Last time I ever take you trespassing with me -

That one doesn't count - I fished there BEFORE the masses of asses built homes around MY ponds ......

David