Thread: Water levels at Verona?

Default Water levels at Verona?

Anyone know the water situation at Verona.? Is the water low enough to wade the sandbar or is it a boat thing? What about the mouth of the Feather? Any wadeable sand bars? Where is beer can beach?
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Jerry,

The Sacramento is 8,800cfs.

The Feather is 2,600cfs.

The Yuba is 1,080cfs.

I thought I heard some sand bar was showing but not totally sure.

In the next month I think it will be showing well and we can have a fish-out up there and a barbeque for Shad and Stripers, wading and in boats.

It can be a little dangerous wading there but it is one of my favorite old places.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill, if I remember right, 8800cfs is way past my arm pits! However that amount of water used to be perfect for setting up on the seam and just hanging the fly down ala Bill Adelman. During good years, ten fish per hour per rod was a common thing. Probably one of the only times you can "fly fish" and drink beer at the same time.

My boat's too much of a pain to haul up but maybe I can get my brother-in-law to fire up his Western 14.

I remember one year when the entire sandbar at Verona was high and dry and the river took up only a small channel on the west side. The shad line-up along that piece of water was armpit to armpit and fishing was insane. It only lasted a few days before agricultural releases kicked the flows up.
    Capt. JerryInLodi
    www.DeltaStripers.Com

Default Verona Water Level

Was out at Verona today with a buddy, and yes you could walk over to the Sandbar. Out of 6 boats, everyone had to work for a couple fish. They just dont seem to be in hot and heavy yet.