Thread: Salmonoid patterns you have not seen

Default Salmonoid patterns you have not seen

Here is a few patterns I have been working on for salmon and steelhead. These are streamer/strip type patterns, even the small ones. These could easily be dead drifted but im not sure exactly how the Pink Comets & bullets would ride without a riffle hitch. All of the smaller ones are spin-offs or variations of the "Crystal Bullet" that many of you have seen and fished before. On some I employ an epoxy type glossed head. I kinda like this look for some patterns. Its not epoxy realy, just 4 layers of normal head cement applied with a plastic toothpic

Fire Fly. A very hot colored red, orange, and pink with gold xmas tree tinsle in the tail.

Olive Flash Sculpin. A suggestive attractor pattern I am working on for large trout. I have also tied below a purple version for salmonoids

Purple Flash Sculpin same as above, both are very large flys, the old rule of big and ugly applys here.

Pink Comet

Bleeding Blackbird

Copperhead

Above 3 are variations of the "Crystal Bullet" A small streamer type fly that is often use when larger more colorful streamers will not intice the fish.

Original Crystal Bullets and 2 from above are pictured below.

Hope these will give you creative fly makers some ideas of your own. Some of these flys where originaly tied for a trip to Alaska but many of these and others not shown became bread and butter flys to use here in my home state Oregon and did not even get tied on while on the trip. I am still working with them and testing them to see what they are capable of. They will now be put to the test on northern Oregon small stream springers.

Matthewc
    Those are rsome really attractive swinging patterns and should work very well. I vow to step away from the indicator this year. (Unless I feel the need to catch a fish)

Mark