Thread: How do you spend your Day

Default How do you spend your Day

I sit and watch the drying wheel go around and around and around and around. You are looking at someone who is almost getting back to reality. That's 5 dozen sea habits with the heads drying.

Attend the Kienes' Fly Fair this coming weekend and you might be the lucky winner of a dozen assorted sea habits. I'm also putting in some Hairy Crank Bait's and a dozen ass't clousers tied on the 30 degree jig hook

Jay

Jay

I commend you for being a commercial tyer. I wish I had the patience to sit at the vise for any length of time. Especially for the flies I have demand for...where I'm not being creative, just mass producing to restock the box.
    Great looking sea habits! As usual!

Jay

I sit and watch the drying wheel go around and around and around and around. You are looking at someone who is almost getting back to reality.
    Reminds me of John Lennon's "Watching the Wheels"

"People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
    Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
    When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
    Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
    I really love to watch them roll"

That is a good looking set of flies!

Jay, my buddy Mike Scott showed me some of your sea habits when we were in Belize. They were gorgeous. Have you tried tuffleye yet. I love it and don't think I will ever go back to epoxy.

I use tuffleye material every now and then. It's kinda hard trying to shape the heads. I work with my epoxy cold so I can shape and manage the material. Then I coat each head with 3 to 4 coats of Loon Hard Head.
    The stuff is water soluable and dry's hard and clear. No yellowing what so ever.

I will be bring some sea habits for Kiene's inventory this coming weekend.

See ya there

Jay

Jay, I wish you would see me there but I live 3000 miles away from you. I think I'll be down on the Kenai anyway fishing for the big spring rainbows. We'll have to walk in several miles because the lake is still frozen.