Thread: Blue Marlin

Default Blue Marlin

Aloha, we had a nice Easter to remember. We got an ono on the troll, headed out to a bouy. Got lots of small ahi and aku. I got to break out my new 10wt and get some ahi on a popper. Then I see this shadow come by the boat. Looked like a big porpoise, no shark, saw the pecs and bill, a Marlin! I tell them to throw out a dead skipjack put a hook in the nose and put it on a dropback. Left only the clicker on. I felt the marlin grab the bait, wait for 10 looong seconds and then yell HIT IT! and the marlin busts the surface. Three and 1/2 hours later we boat the big male. Don't know how much it weighed exactly cause it busted a 300lb scale. It would have been pretty wild if it had hit my popper! Hope you all had a good day on the water, Mems.
    Don Memmer

Default Blue Marlin....

WOW!!! Congrats Don!!! That's a large fish. I know you've caught others, but is this your largest
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Great Fish

Come on Don, tell us you put that dead skipjack on your 10 weight and then threw it in the water

Great fish however you did it.
    Aloha, TONY

Woo-hoo & HANA PAA!

Nice fish, Mems!

aloha,

- Mark
    Did you wet your noodle today?