Thread: Off to the Feather tomorrow

Default Off to the Feather tomorrow

Walking in (first time without a boat and guide for me). Can anyone recomend a place to jump in? Thank you. Paul

Default Feather River....

Paul,.... It's difficult to answer your question since we have no idea what section you intend to fish.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default section

Hello Darian, I have no idea!!! I think I'll start somewhere on low flow and see how it goes. Will post tonight. Thank you. PB

I have heard for years there is a spring Steelhead situation there.

Locals don't like to talk it up too much.

I think they go down there after work and throw caddis imitations around just like we do on the Lower American River now.

I think it is more in the low flow.

"Fish First" fly shop will have it in their fish report Online.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default today

Did more scouting than fishing. I fished just below the hatchery for a couple of hours. There was a lot of caddis activity at first but as soon as the clouds appeared the bugs were gone. Got a couple of bumps but none on for longer than a head shake. (that's something!!) Nice day though. I never knew there were so many walk in spots along that river. I've always drifted through before. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene
    I have heard for years there is a spring Steelhead situation there.

Locals don't like to talk it up too much.

I think they go down there after work and throw caddis imitations around just like we do on the Lower American River now.

By the comcast tower, May, June, until it closes in mid july. In mid july the heat drives the hatch past closing time.

Last year was 10 times funner catching 18-22 inch springers on 6x to 7x tippet on size 20 dry's than catching bigger winter run fish. I was able to pull these fish in with a 4 weigh rod. This season I used a 10 weight spey rod because someone was borrowing my 7x spey, caught a very thick 26 inch steelhead that put a very serious bend in my spey rod (it was fair hooked by the way)

Catching the springers in the summer on drys is still way more fun. Dont just bring caddis btw, make sure to bring adams and especially tricos. They will start to key in on tricos and very small, size 20.

Default tricos

Steve, PM sent