Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Should you be able to fish for downstreamers ?

Not exactly sure why, but I keep clicking on this ole dead horse. Infatuated with dirty laundry I guess.

It seems like the guys with the most knowledge are the ones who always get their panties in a wad. There seems to be a massive seperation between knowledge and wisdom...there usually is.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again.."Ignorance is bliss!"

Over and out on this one!

Jay

Covelo, I hope you didn't take offense to my tongue in cheek comment in response to yours about the dead horse, but it appears that you did. You should know I'm not that serious of fellow as mine was written in jest. Sorry if you were put off by it.

Interestingly, there is little in this thread that I don't agree with. But since real remedies are not likely to be implemented anytime soon, I think it would be a good idea that we do what we can, one fisherman at time (which my guess would be thousands and thousands in the State of CA), when the opportunity presents itself. And it presents itself every time you land a fish. Of course, there are lots of other things that can, and should, be done at every level. ycflyfisher, among others, have shed light on this subject and his elaborate post has me thinking about what more I can do on a personal level, especially when I'm streamside. But I didn't call you an ill-informed, uneducated on the subject matter, opinion not worthy of consideration idiot, for simply offering your opinion, did I?

All I'm suggesting is we do what we can when we have the opportunity. And catch and release is immediate. And like Carl said, it's a great feeling, and I think you should try it, right after you finish lobbying the legislature.

I would be disappointed to lose your input to a elite forum for you, ycflyfisher and Darian, where only elevated discussions take place among the truly educated and knowledgeable, leaving this forum for us mere all-we-have-is-our-fishing-experiences mortals. And Darian, as the elder-statesmen of this board, I'm disappointed you feel only the loss of ycflyfisher's expertise would downgrade the discussion. It would be a shame to lose anyone from this board because they feel intimidated that their opinion isn't elevated, worthy, relevant, respected or whatever big word you feel comfortable with. No reason to make anyone feel unimportant. Shame-shame.

As bigtj said, you guys can kill your catch, those that think catch and release is a good idea will return theirs, and that's that.

Love your quote, jbird!

I apparently have way too much spare time on hand. WinterrunRon… out!
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Default None

How in the H__LL did we get around to the point in this thread where complimenting one member of this BB community offends or makes another member feel, somehow, less than adequate..... What started out as an interesting/ informative subject has degraded into some "kidding on the square".

Once again, too much righteous indignation here.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Looks like we need another emoticon after reading this thread.
    Plenty of them out there but this one made me laugh.

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Paul that is hilarious!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Darian,

I knew you were good for a couple of more big words with lots of consonants! In fact, I looked up indignation just to be sure:

“Anger aroused by something unjust, mean, or unworthy”

Don’t take my posts so serious. I told you I wurnt that serious a fella, and anger is far from an emotion I feel related to fishing! But I figured I could get your goat with that one (goats, dead horses, this could be a 4H BB!).

Want to fish together this week? Do you fish locally? Care to float the American for some stripers? Let me know.

BTW, never heard of “kidding on the square.” Please explain.

Ron
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Paul
    Very nice LMFAO. I'm sure some may have liked this one when they were a little hot under the collar.

Mark

Default Kidding On The Square...

Mark, Paul,.... Those emoticons are great and appropriate.

Ron,.... Hope you won't take my post too seriously but I'll bet I don't have to explain what kidding on the square means to you since you do it so well....

Thanks from the invitation to go fishing but I'm kinda busy getting ready to enter a racquetball tournament and go to Baja, shortly, and don't have a lot of time for fishing....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown