Thread: First Bass of 07

Default First Bass of 07

I took a look at the calender this morning and realized that it was almost April and I had not yet caught a fish in fresh water this year. So I took a break from fishing the surf this afternoon and went fishing at a local ranch pond Lee s. managed to get me access to a couple of years back. (Thank you Lee ).

I had the pond all to myself so I took a leisurely stroll around the shore line throwing a size 6 all white gurgler into the grass in front of me. The shot below is the first fish of a dozen or so I was able to get to hand. I must have had twice that many blowups. I love spring. \/ \/ \/

"So it goes"

Way to go Anne! Bass on top are something special are'nt they. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Great Anne

Top water or bust!
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Those cow-prints look strangely familiar. NICE Anne!
    .....lee s.

Lee... I thought you would recognize the place . Kitty's pond is in perfect shape. It is a little low but clear as a bell with no weeds other then grass along the shore. Strange...I didn't catch a single bluegill. I think the bass ate them all over the winter. Several of the bass I caught were about half again as large as the one in the photo. If you get a chance, fish it soon. Better yet move that rig of yours up there so that I can visit you .

I hope you had a great trip up to the Trinity.....Anne
    "So it goes"

Anne,
    Did you run across Beulah? She is about 6#-7# and has set up her bedroom near the end of the fence in about 2'-3' of water. Why she would pick a scrawny little pup (2# +/-) like she did for a mate is beyond me though.

Beulah??? OK Lee...So you have been out there recently haven't you ? If you are talking about the fence where we park by the dam then I think that fish above is the scrawny little pup you are talking about. A couple of cast later, I had another fish on in the same spot for a couple of seconds that seemed at least twice as heavy. Maybe that was your Beulah. . By the way...where in tarnations did you get a name like Beulah for a fish?

Anne
    "So it goes"