Thread: Going Tuesday, Paradise Point Marina

Default Going Tuesday, Paradise Point Marina

This will be my second attempt going out of Paradise Point. The reason is, it's one of ONLY 6 places you can rent a boat on the delta, and it's the nearest to me....(Oh....and it's cheeper )

The first attempt back in Jan was almost a bust if it wern't for a couple of LM I caught. It was the slowest time of the year but I had to try. Now it's picked up a little, it sounds like.

Lookin at the map (I might as well be throwing a dart at it, to pick a spot) Anyway, maybe I want to stay closer to the main channel?? Like around Warner cut,Columbia cut, Tinsley Isl...etc...???

Can anyone point me into a general direction I might want to try?? I will be flyfishing , while my buddy will be throwing BBR and Rattle Traps !!!

Really: I hope my buddy gets into some nice striper, this trip is mostly so he can get his first striper !!!!!! (Even though I would mind a couple for myself )

Thanks for the help !!

Slim

Well, I guess there not much Knowledge about this area, Or, It's so Good, It's hush, hush...

Anyway...I hope to have something to report after Tuesday.

Slim

Hey Dave,

Its been a while since we chatted. Good luck on Tuesday out there in the delta. I sure don't have anything to report or advice for you. I haven't been able to get out fishing much this year myself. Work is keeping me real busy and Saturdays have been tied up with the band as we work on our 2nd recording. I am however going to be fishing the lower Sac tomorrow so looking forward to that.

Let us know how you do. Look forward to the next chance to fish and/or do some picking with you again .

Bill
    Bill Ward, ie, Bluegrass Bill, Sacramento, CA
    Guitar Player for Western Lights Band
    Bluegrass and Beyond!
    http://westernlightsband.com/

Hey Dave,

Its been a while since we chatted. Good luck on Tuesday out there in the delta. I sure don't have anything to report or advice for you. I haven't been able to get out fishing much this year myself. Work is keeping me real busy and Saturdays have been tied up with the band as we work on our 2nd recording. I am however going to be fishing the lower Sac tomorrow so looking forward to that.

Let us know how you do. Look forward to the next chance to fish and/or do some picking with you again .

Bill
    Bill Ward, ie, Bluegrass Bill, Sacramento, CA
    Guitar Player for Western Lights Band
    Bluegrass and Beyond!
    http://westernlightsband.com/

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but I had a lot of trouble getting logged on.

How far do you want to run? Mildred Island and Whiskey Slough are about a half hr. run in a rental boat (I'm assuming 20 mph) Whiskey Slough has it's "spots", and if you're not familiar with them, it could be a big waste of time and gas.

Why not fish Disappointment Slough? After you put in, go south 100 yards and start fishing. Try a spot that looks good for 10-15 minutes. If nothing happens - move on. Keep moving until you find fish. If you can't find any at Disappoingment Slough, motor north to White Slough. Don't know if there are any stripers in White Slough, but I know it's full of L.M.B.

Good Luck!

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by larry sommerfeld
    Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but I had a lot of trouble getting logged on.

Good Luck!

Larry
    Thanks for the responds.

My buddy flaked out on me (Something about doin taxes, as if thats more important than striper fishin) and I didn't want to go it alone. So we cancled for this week. Oh well...
    I hear the wind has been a bother this week so maybe by the time I do get out, It'll be better ..(?)

Thanks again.

Slim

Check the tides...let that be your guide. Full moon does funny things to the water... Maybe the tides will be better by the weekend.
    fish on, biaatch!!