Thread: Rubicon open?

Default Rubicon open?

Is the Rubicon at Ellicot's bridge open? I've checked the regs and it certainly seems like it may be. Any imput?
    Cheers
    "Safety was never compromised." Laura Brown, FAA spokeswoman

Regulation wise, it's open. Whether or not the road is open is the real question. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Dude, that's my absolute favorite piece of water. How long have you been fishing that stretch? Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

I know some guys who have been dropping in about 10 miles below Ellicot's Bridge for years and hiking and fishing up to the bridge. They came over night on the river too. They are using ultra light spinning gear with small silver Mepps spinners on 4# test line.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

10 miles is a bit of a stretch, at least as the crow flies. I believe I may have met those same guys at the bottom of the 'short' trail a while back. They can show you how to really work those Mepps. These were some older fellas that I met down there, pretty impressive considering the long, steep climb in and out of there. I hope I can still do that when I'm their age. Ed

Ed, you turned me onto it last year. Some others on this board also sent me some private emails about it. Last year I spent several days fishing Stumpy Meadows and then the Rubicon. Makes for a great day. I don't think the Rubicon is for everyone, it can be a tough walk.
    Thanks again Ed. I'd be interested in joining you some day up there.
    Cheers
    "Safety was never compromised." Laura Brown, FAA spokeswoman