Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drift Boat Wanted

Ron,

...also check the Redding Craigslist at http://redding.craigslist.org/...you may even get a float trip out of the deal.

Randy

Thanks, Randy B.!
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

Ron,
    I ended up having to go to Oregon, but it was worth it. I would suggest trying the various craiglist listing, but you also should look at various online newspapers and nickel adds. Honestly, I think you may have trouble finding a decent boat for 2000. $3500 would be a bit more realistic. I was recently trying to help a friend find a used boat - and he ended up buying a new one because all the used ones were priced too high. But - I would keep looking. Just keep looking and be prepared to jump on one.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/boa/297040925.html

http://eugene.craigslist.org/boa/295366382.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/classified...rces&x=68&y=15
    fish on, biaatch!!

Slimfishin's

Thanks, buddy! I appreciate you taking the time to post the links.

I'm not limited to $2,000. This was the price someone else suggested I should pay. I think you're right about that being low. In my limited reasearch so far, I'm expecting to pay $3000-$4,000 for a good quality 16ft high-side boat.

I'm finding I could buy a 1990's built boat from a few of the boat companies in their used trade in inventory and pay $3995-$4,995. They include everything that's needed and warrant the boat as well. So it seems to be $$2995-$3995 is reasonable from a private party.

I think, based upon what I've learned so far and given the choice, I'd prefer a fiberglass boat, but I'm not going to be overly picky if a nice aluminum comes along for a fair price.

Thanks, again for your help,

Ron
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.

If you're still looking for a used drift boat there is one on the Sacto Craigslist in the price range you mentioned. Here is the info, sorry I didn't get the link.

16 FT Fish Rite Drift Boat, 54 LB Thrust Electric Trolling Motor, On Board Battery Charger, Two Swivel Seats, Three Rod Holders, Life Jackets, Oars, Anchor and Rope, 1979 Fish Rite Drift Boat and Trailer with Current Registration. $2500 or Best Offer Email: b_c_tienken@surewest.net or Call (916) 729-4282

Thanks, Randy B. I've sent an email and I'll call in the morning!

Ron

Ron

If your still looking, try taking a look over at ifesh.net. There are always difters listed for sale there. I look everyday looking my a new boat (not a drifter though). Usually they are listings from the rotland area, but not always.

Andre

Thanks, Andre.