Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "This cant be happening to me!"

Thanks carl, I'll look into it!

Jay

Jbird,
    Thanks for sharing your pain. It reminds me of many debacles in the past that I now laugh like hell about. The most funny and memorable trips are those that go terribly wrong for comedy is based on tradegy. My favorite tragic day in the pursuit of trout was Jim Killian's birthday. Nothing went right that day. Broken rod, flat tire which had to be changed on a precarious slope, the loss of a large bag of a leafy substance (hey, we were 21), and no fish. That evening we just sat around the fire, staring like ghosts, and every now and then someone would shake their head and say "what the f#ck" which made us laugh. At least we didn't lose the bottle of whisky.

On a fishing note: have you ever heard of or fished Ana res.? It is full of those "whipers": white bass/stripers. Small lake, out in the middle of nowhere. Just above Summer Lake. Seems to be an interesting fishery. Plus the river is a really cool wintertime spot. Small fish but they take dries very well. Very little pressure.

Jay,

I'm just glad you made it out OK. That is some scary stuff.

-John

My buddy borrowed my float tube and failed to tell me he poked a hole in the bladder. It wasn't until I got out in the middle of Heenan before I found out.

Hey Jay,

That story takes the cake in my recollection of trips with with mishaps. Falling in the water with snow on the ground definitely is a scary thought .

Like others, really glad you came out ok.

Bill
    Bill Ward, ie, Bluegrass Bill, Sacramento, CA
    Guitar Player for Western Lights Band
    Bluegrass and Beyond!
    http://westernlightsband.com/

Default Re: "This cant be happening to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    Well, I was seriously not planning on releasing the story of my adventures yesterday do to unbareable humiliation and embarrassment.
    Nothing to be humiliated or embarrassed about, Jay. I'll bet we've all driven over an hour with great anticipation only to land one fish!

Ron
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.