Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WELL DONE Bill!!!!

Default WELL DONE Bill!!!!

Fantastic presentation you and the boys did at the store today! The seminar rooms filled sooo quick that we had to keep our big broad butt outside.....which is good. LOTS of interest and LOTS of info presented. Lots of new stuff! GRAND presenters too. Great time "chawing" and doing some "catching up" too. Thanks Anne for the ride.
    Thanks for a GRAND w/e......
    ....lee s.

Howdy Folks,

I really have to second what Lee says here. It was a great event at Bill's shop today . There was lots of great information available and I really enjoyed learning more about fishing for largemouth in the delta. The fly tyers really inspired me to get busy and start working on some of those bass bugs. It was also great to see a number of old and new fly fishing friends. Great to see you Bill, Lee, Anne, David, Ed and Mike. All in all, a great day that helped get me fired up to make some time to get back out on the water.

Bill
    Bill Ward, ie, Bluegrass Bill, Sacramento, CA
    Guitar Player for Western Lights Band
    Bluegrass and Beyond!
    http://westernlightsband.com/

For Bill and the gang who entertained and educated us today at the shop: \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

It was a warm, Warm Water Expo indeed. I especially liked that pond setup in the parking lot. A KD special I believe. We had better keep an eye on him...it looks like he has been spending too much time out in the hot delta sun .

Lee...The pleasure was all mine. Glad I had a chance to return the favor.

Bill...take care of your back. Too much fishing coming up to be dealing with a sore back.

......Anne
    "So it goes"

Default Warmwater Expo!!!!!

Wow!!! What a great time I had today. Got to spend some time with Ken Hanley and picked up a copy of his Western Bass booklet, ordered some flies from Jay M., while watching him impale himself on a hook point. Learned a new use for a razor blade in trimming hair bug bodies. Talked to Cap't. Kevin Doran a bit about his sidearm cast for delta largemouths and watched a demo. Picked up a demo DVD by Kevin on Bass fishin' in the delta. I'm impressed.....

Watched Mr. Potter tie a couple of Dahlberg Divers; perfection.... Wasn't enough time to see all of the tiers in action.... Spent the requisite amount of money on stuff and had a beautiful day to boot.

David and Ed left early in order to make it up to El Dorado to fish their favorite pond.... Hope they're gonna make a good report.

Thanks Bill.... I'm already lookin' forward to next year....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Wow......it was a great day.

I tried to talk a little with as many people as I could but I don't think I got around to everyone. Nice to see many of you again.

I am so happy that that many folks are interested in fly fishing for our local warm water species.

Thanks to all the people who did the presentations and all those who tied a lot of cool flies too.

Actually the event was organized by Keith Kaneko, Kevin Doran, John Sherman, Jerry Siem and Ken Hanley.

We had some really smoking hot fly tiers too. Jay Murakoshi, Lee Haskin, Leo Gutterres, Steve Potter and Mike McKenzie tied some good looking bass imitations.

I think a few left early to hit the even bass bite?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I have to admit that I had a mild sense of dread about the whole thing ......

I couldn't have been more wrong .

I thought that the Warm Water Expo would be a 'hard-sell' , book a trip kind of show - It turned out to be a GREAT gathering - Keith put together a fantastic group of people , had VERY good tying demos , and had probablly some of the best information on the how/why/where of Bass fishing I've ever seen !

My only regret was not being able to visit with everyone as long as I would have liked to ... and missing some of our BB members (MSP , Hairstacker , Sturmer White ...) . Just having a chance to see and chatter with folks like Lee S. , Lee Haskins , Jay M. , Ray R. , Chuck Won , Bluegrass Bill , Paul Egan , Jason H. , Leo G. , ....... I mean , the list goes on !! Just unbelieveable conversations going on !

Sorry I didn't have the chance to BS w/ Anne , Mike M. , Dave the flytyer , and several dozen other people - It's difficult to talk with everyone you want to sometimes ......

Special thanks to Ken Hanley , Kevin Doran , Ed Wahl , Darian , and Bill Kiene . Nice to be part of your group . I mentioned to Keith that the Bass n Fly team should do this again in a few months , it would be just EPIC !!!

Ed and I bailed early and went fishing . We did O.K. (Ed will post a report ) . Thanks again to everyone who took the time to come out and visit .

David

That was a really large turnout today. I think there are a lot more Bass and Bluegill flyfishers out than anyone thought. Had a very nice time there, might have even picked up a couple of new tricks. Got to meet Ken Hanley, turns out he's a genuinely nice guy, not at all the 10 ft tall legend I had believed him to be. (Man, I was WAY off on the height ). Just kidding Ken, we love ya man . Now the hard part, David and I hit Cameron Park Lake after we left, I'm gonna guestimate the count at 9 Bass. Water is still a bit chilly but clearing up a little. I'd say about 2.5ft visability now. Floating lines and lightly weighted flies are still the ticket. David used super bright chartreuse beadhead wooley bugger, I believe a size 4. I tried about a half a dozen different paterns. I don't like keeping excact scores of fish caught, so let me just say that for every one I caught David caught 8. I hired a couple of geese to take him out, but they screwed it up. Can't trust geese. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl
    I hired a couple of geese to take him out, but they screwed it up. Can't trust geese. Ed
    You should have plenty of nice photos of me holding Bass , Ed ....

Maybe you could do a more detailed report in the warmwater section ??

Please , elaborate on the Goose story .

David :P

All I can say is "that I had a great time" What a way to end our show season.

I was really impressed to see that many people come out for the Warm Water expo. I know the fly tying area was jammed with people and the presentaion room was out the door. KD did an impressive job on his Delta layout. Now I know what he was talking about the night I called and he said " I'm looking at the Delta in my backyard" I'd thought he'd moved.

Great to sit and chat with good ole boy Steve Potter. He did make one hell of a mess with that deer hair . But he does an excellent job in tying up some fantastic deer hair bugs.

I would like to thank Keith, John, Kevin, Jerry and Obi for putting on a great expo. Bill and Marilyn thanks for the great facilities. Too the employees of Kiene's, yeah did a great job. Andy did a great job shooting photo's, except for the flash that wasn't flashing. Just be glad you weren't shooting a wedding.

Oh yeah, one last thing...... WOULD the person who won the Hairy Crank bait flies please return them to meeeee Nah just kidding. But could you contact me because I have one more to add to the collection and also want to tell you some thing about them.

Thanks for the great day

Jay

Its about time we all had an event like this to go to. Long overdue !!!

What a truly wonderful time we had !

I do have to file a complaint though.... :D ...and that is that the event gave me a feeling of " sensory overload ". There were too many people that you wanted to spend a lot of time with. I could have easily spent all day watching , talking , and listening to each and every person there !!!

First class top to bottom.

When do we get to do it again ?