Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smallies on Cache Creek

SullyTM Guest

Elliott doesn't look that impressed Mike!

...I heard rattlesnakes taste like chicken!

Later...

No Elliott was waiting for the Big Kahuna! I also heard rattlesnakes taste like chicken. I also heard they think we taste like chicken too!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

I also heard rattlesnakes taste like chicken. I also heard they think we taste like chicken too!

Hey Mike, that's not you right by the path is it? Interesting little creek you've got there. I'm gonna have to put in some more time there to learn it. I caught 3, lost a couple, and caught 2 of those rubber lipped things. I believe those are squawfish(sacrament pike minnow now), but if someone out there knows for sure please speak up. Here's some pics I took.[ /IMG]
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Mike that was a nice picture of that "bunny" I'm glad to see that your fingers have been healing well. Those are nice smallies, perfect size for MY 4wt. Keep on having fun out there in bunny-land Mike!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Glad to see you found a few Ed.

Adam, I'm probably done for the year. I won't be able to take the dog out and let him loose anymore. I know what he would do if he ran into one of those bunnies that was still wiggling. Don't need a vet bill. In this case the risk isn't worth the reward. Besides that, I'm scared to death of those damn things!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

I was just looking at the Delorme map, there's a helluva lot of stream to learn out that way. I'm gonna like this. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Hey Jay,

I also have over 20 years of playing guitar but it hasn't seemed to affected my fingers in any way. I suspect your tile work may be the biggest contributor to your finger tip problems. In my opinion, combining some fishing with a little guitar picking is about as close to heaven as you can find here on earth . I would love to get together with you and do some of both someday.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    I am a tile contractor and can feel your pain. Thats why I fish mostly with big flies. I cant feel anything small in my fingertips cause the calouses from mortar/grout. 20 years of playing guitar didnt help either.

Jay
    Bill Ward, ie, Bluegrass Bill, Sacramento, CA
    Guitar Player for Western Lights Band
    Bluegrass and Beyond!
    http://westernlightsband.com/

I would love to get together with you and do some of both someday.

Bill

Bill

Sadly, I have picked up the guitar only about 10 times in the last 5 years, I dont quite understand it, but the music just isnt in me anymore. I have never known anybody but myself that that has happened to. Thats not to say I wouldnt love to jam a little if/when we meet Jam a little and fish alot!

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    Thats not to say I wouldnt love to jam a little if/when we meet Jam a little and fish alot!

Jay
    Hey Jay,

I hope we do get a chance to meet someday and I would be happy doing either activity with you !

Bill
    Bill Ward, ie, Bluegrass Bill, Sacramento, CA
    Guitar Player for Western Lights Band
    Bluegrass and Beyond!
    http://westernlightsband.com/