Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smallies on Cache Creek

Wow, nice smallies Mike! If I had time off I would make the trip to join you and your smallies.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Mike
    Great report. Those are some nice sized smallies! What a treat to have it so close!

I am a tile contractor and can feel your pain. Thats why I fish mostly with big flies. I cant feel anything small in my fingertips cause the calouses from mortar/grout. 20 years of playing guitar didnt help either.

Jay

PS Very cute friend you got there!

Nice fishies msp, I'd like to come out too if you're nice enough to share your spots I haven't caught a smallie since 98 when I was in Minnesota.

Check your PM James.
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

MSP those are some beauts there. I spend part of my summer trying to search them out in the Russian, fun times. Hey if you need a photographer next time let me know. I have wierd days off sometimes but I would give it a shot. By the way I have always wondered about cache creek upstream from you in the Solono county parks areas. I am guessing the same fish are up there as well. But have never tried. Any theories?....Craig
    "If one really loves nature, one can find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh

Well Craig I have to admit I really don't fish the creek too often. I've lived here for about 1 1/2 yrs and have only fished it behind my house. I've only fished it 4 or 5 times at that. I don't know much about the upper sections. I did some exploring on the web a while back and found some info that talked about trout in the upper section before it hits the valley floor. It didn't sound all that great to me. Maybe they were hiding something

mike

Well MSP I'm gonna jump on the "where is it" bandwagon too. I've lived in Woodland for a number of years and always wondered where a good access point would be on Cache Creek for some bass fishing. Would you mind sharing some ideas?

And GREAT JOB!!!

One word of caution if you fish Cache Creek. RATTLESNAKES! They aren't out yet but later in the Spring they will be out in force. Watch your step!

Ryeflyguy check your PM.

mike

Hey guys don't trust this shifty MSP fellow, he might just send you to the county dump or something like that! Mike just wants to look like a nice unselfish guy by "sharing" his secret smallie spots. I mean really can you trust a guy who only takes pictures of his hand, really? Don't let him scare you about rattlesnakes, they actually have a sunny disposition just like little soft bunnies. Mike is only out to misdirect you or scare you off of his honey hole

He was actually fishing in Oregon........yeah that's right........Oregon. You guys go up to Oregon and have fun with those smallies.

P.S. Mike PM me, only me
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Adam, you know me too well . Went out for a bit this morning and this is what I found.

If you're real lucky you might get a few of these!

And I was a little premature with my caution. Found this cute little bunnie behind the house. At least it was in the condition I like them best.

mike