Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Smallies on Cache Creek

Thanks for the PM MSP

What are some good patterns to catch the smallies on Cache Creek? I was thinking some buggers... Do you think it is still ok to bring my dog, with it warming up it seems a little iffy.

James, I haven't fished Cache Creek but I think you're on the right track with some size 6 woolly buggers in olive and black. I wouldn't go there without some size 2 3-inch long chartreuse and white Clousers either. And then there's various rust-colored, olive, and black leeches I wouldn't go without and I'd never go to any smallie water without some Murray Strymph variants. Anyway, I think decent smallie flies usually work well everywhere.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

'stackers right on with the Clousers, they get down fast and don't hang up too much. Carry some topwater stuff too, last time there I had them hitting a deer hair frog. Not much fun to cast on a 5wt but watching them come out to kill it was well worth the effort. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Minnow patterns work real well too. Hornbergs and Zonkers seem to get their attention. Something around a size 6 will do.

As far as bringing the dog, I won't be taking mine out there anymore. If there happens to be a snake around he'll try and pick it up. Haven't seen any other than the dead one. Great place for dogs to romp though.
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike