Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smallies on Cache Creek

Default Smallies on Cache Creek

Well since I can't seem to catch steelhead anymore I decided to take the long walk behind the house ( 500 yards or so) and give the smallies a try. The creek is at a perfect level and around 3 ft of visibility. The fish were bunched up all in one hole. Must have got 10 or so fish in about 10 minutes and LDR'd a 1/2 dozen more. All fish came on a hornberg. Did manage one smallish fish downriver a ways but no others. Was surprised to only get one Squawfish Those things are usually schooled up and pretty aggressive. Here are a couple pix. My photographer didn't show, thus the hand shots!

I might have had better results but this guy seemed to like the spots I was fishing.

Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

Nice work!

Great weather for fishing like that.

Kraig

PS - did you hurt your ring and pinky finger. Looks like a pinch from pliers, vice or something?
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

What was your address again ..... ?

Nice job !!!!

David

It's nice to see the picture of that hand with a fish in it.

Mark

Whoa, very nice Smallmouths. Gonna have to start driving around Yolo county again. You do know, don't you, that what you've just showed is more valuable than gold? Hell, I'd shoot you myself if I thought you'd spill the beans on your spot. Unfortunately I know it takes more than threat of imminent death to give those up. How are you on begging and pleading, I'm not above either of those. You need someone whacked? I might know someone. I don't wanna have to go to incriminating photos, but if if have to........ Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

No Katz I was putting mortar between my flagstone on the patio and wasn't wearing any glove (whata dumb ass). Ate right through those fingers on both hands. They hurt so bad this morning I couldn't work on the patio so I went fishing.

Ed, you are welcome to come this way anytime. I don't mind sharing. I'm not one that tries to keep my spots secret. Especially this one. The rivers and lakes I fish are pretty much well known by all, so if I get a fish or 2 I don't mind spilling the beans. What this means is no one should reveal any secret spots to me.
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

10 in 10 minutes?!? And just a short jaunt behind the house? Man, some guys have all the luck. Very nice!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

I tiled my bathroom with the same result. The tips of my fingers eaten off by the Lyme, etc in the grout!!! Can't believe how that hurts, and not quick to heal.

Glad it missed the strippin' fingers!

Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

10 in 10 minutes?!? And just a short jaunt behind the house? Man, some guys have all the luck.
    No kidding! Wow.

Kudos to you!
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver

SullyTM Guest

\/