Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Photo Thread?

Default Spring Photo Thread?

I love to fish but I also love photography and I like to challenge myself so here goes. I know it's early but how about a spring photo thread letting us all see how it looks where you are. Here is one I took last year in Fairfax to get us started. I promise a new one when I get a chance...Craig.
    "If one really loves nature, one can find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh

Here is some old stuff. Flowers are slowing starting to show up in the back yard, so hopefully new stuff will show up soon.

Boy if this dang weather here in Oregon would ever let up maybe we could participate in this thread also. It's sure nice to see your spring photo's guys and right now I would just settle for the river going down enough to catch a steelhead and take it's picture.

Mark

Hey bolden nice shots! I know I am early but I have spring fever.

Sculpin I don't want to hear any complaining I lived in the Applegate Valley last year and I know how beautiful Southern Oregon is in springtime. I am guessing by your reply the Rouge is blown out but where I live now I would love to have the proximity to fishing like I did last year. By the way a Spring Steelhead is legal in this thread as I started it and get to make the rules. By the way did you get any snow on Table Rocks this year?..Craig

Craig
    I have a view of the Table Rocks from my house and there has been snow on them and everywhere else in the Valley this year. Actually it has snowed several times on the valley floor this past week. You're right about it being beautiful here when the spring weather finally arrives and You guessed correctly about the river conditions being tough so far this year.

Mark

Technically these are not a sign of spring, as they were a gift to my parents, but they are colorful anyway.

Most of these are straight out of the camera with the vivitar series 1 90mm 2.5, with the real close ups i had
    my 50mm 1.8 reversed onto the front of the vivitar.

I was trying to use the colorful background of some of the bigger flowers to make some really colorful shots.

Here's a macro flower shot taken in Hawaii, not really spring but one of my favorite flower shots from that trip.

Also check out this gecko on the bird of prey flower

I'm enjoying your pictures guys.
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

The gecko is a gold dust day gecko which can be found on most of the islands now but is endemic to Madagascar. My boys have a couple in an aquarium in the living room that we brought back from Mauii. Herpetology is my other hobby.

Nice pics.

Alright since everyone else is doing it so will I. Here is my favorite spring shot from last year.

It is supposed to be almost 80 degrees on Sunday so I may have to skip spring and go for summer shots ...Craig.

Nice picture!

Shot with an SLR I suppose?
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member