Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't forget early openers on Thursday!!

Mike O Guest

Default Don't forget early openers on Thursday!!

Many streams will open on March 1st, C+R, barbless, and stay open year round. Pick up a copy of the DFG regs or
    http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/07...-fish-regs.pdf
    to see which waters will be open....enjoy!!

It could be a white opener for sure...snowing like crazy over here and not supposed to let up until Wednesday morning. Be sure to check road conditions and closures before heading out.

Default opener

Get some snow shoes!

Hey I was wondering which waters were opening up? I'm up here in Chico and wondering which smaller mountain streams/rivers were opening. I believe that the only one is the Pit River...

Check the regs on the link to be sure. They're really clear on what is open and what is not.

Looks like I'm not going anywhere this weekend with this snow

Pay attention to the conditions guys, the mountains demand a high level of respect. Your life's not worth getting to fish a few weeks early. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Mike O Guest

wonder what hot creek looks like this time of year....not like I will get there.

We got 8 inches of heavy spring snow last night at my house in west Reno. I think the Truckee should be fishing OK this weekend if we don't get much more snow. It's not that cold but there is plenty of slush in the river. Anybody planning on the Little T bring some snowshoes or skis just in case and be prepared.

At least it's sunny today, although windy with LOTS of blowing snow still. Hard to belive spring is around the corner.

Finally a break from the snowfall today.We have received over 24"of snow here in Calpine since it started snowing on Thursday.I don't think the LT will be doable without a snowmobile or a long ski in on.This storm has hammered us up here and I'll be digging out for at least another day or more. If we get another foot of snow tonight as predicted it may take longer to dig out.Oh well,the skiing has just gotten really good!
    To those who do venture out to the LT use caution.Try to avoid unnecessary risk.And have a fun time.
    I won't be fishing this weekend but instead skiing in the backcountry.
    Jay