Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SOLD

Scott will not honor that warranty. I have first hand experience. You have to register the rod within 30 days of purchase from a Scott Dealer. States this very clearly on the Scott website, they want the purchase date, dealer name, and serial number... Just a heads up for buyers so they know the facts.

True....if you tell them that this was a 2nd owner rod or that it is old, but all you've got to do when you register it online is say that you bought it from a fly shop a few days ago. This is what I did when I bought an unregistered 2nd owner Scott V2 from ebay. Scott has no way of knowing (as long as it hasn't been registered before) that this rod didn't sit around in a shop for months. It worked for me....

I guess if you want to lie about it you can do anything you want.

Buddy I'm not appreciating being called a liar here....that's what I did, it worked, I had the reel seat fixed during the time that I owned it. My experience is that it has worked. Have you done the same thing and had it not work? Unless you have experience with it I don't really see where you get off calling me a liar.

He was calling you a liar, because that is what you did. YOU lied to Scott.

This post has seemed like a hard sell from the beginning. Almost like a used car lot. If it was a store/used car lot I wouldn't come back. In fact I'm tired of this post so I leaving your store.

OK, lets drop the subject, haha... Do whatever it is you do... I could really care less. Just thought the general public would like to know that Scott does not intend to cover second hand rods.

I have had no trouble at all returning my scott for repair. the first time they repaired it, the second time, they replaced the whole rod. I did it through a local flyshop and no registration was asked for and no paperwork exchanged. The rod was broke and they fixed it....period. Scott is a company that stands behind their product. The registration makes it easy to do it yourself, but you can do it through your local flyshop...if they deal scotts... The big issiue with Scott rods is they have the absolute longest turnaround time of any organization I have ever delt with....but the rod is worth it.

Jay

I apologize dogtown, I took that all wrong. You're right I did lie to Scott, if that bothers you then I apologize for that also, I just think that I should be able to get my reel seat, or tip, or whatever happens to be wrong fixed on a brand new rod that you pay $150 for (I'm in college, that's a lot for me). East Bay Ed I agree with you the A2 is being a tough one to sell. Maybe I'll give it some breathing room and repost later....I have to get rid of it though because I am trying to buy a custom rod from the fly shop up here in Chico! If I knew how to delete posts I would.

No problem, I have an A2 5 weight and love the rod to death by the way... I would in fact buy your 6 weight if I had that kind of money. I currently don't, but good luck selling it.