Thread: A newbie and a test

Default A newbie and a test

Just joined and as a fly fisherman and a photographer (yeah my wife said I couldn't pick 2 more expensive hobbies) I thought I would post this photo of my place of work. It was 14 degrees that day far cry from 70 yesterday. Hope I figured it out.

Glad to be on "board".....Craig

"If one really loves nature, one can find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh

Default Petaluma....

Welcome aboard Craig.... I sure like that photo. Peaceful and c-c-c-c-c-cold!!!
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Just joined and as a fly fisherman and a photographer (yeah my wife said I couldn't pick 2 more expensive hobbies)
    Well at least you are not an 18 year old with those two hobbies. Not only am i into photography, but i am into the most expensive part, birds.

Nice picture by the way.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Yeah that birding photography is too expensive for me so far. I just take photos of birds that come close. Can't afford that 500mm f4 yet.
    As for expensive hobbies I used to have a 75 gal saltwater reef tank. Talk about expensive. Now I concentrate on fishing and photography. I am sending another test just for size as that last one was a bit big. Here goes one I took with the cheapo work camera yesterday...Craig

I've got a technical photography question for you. How's the fishing in that water?
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Welcome aboard Craig.

I love your photo's. Spent alot of time in Marin and Sonoma counties. Definately one of the most beautiful places around. Makes me want to visit!
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver

Welcome Craig! Nice photos!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Thanks again,

Well yesterday I would have said Stafford was in winter mode but today I met a couple of anglers who said the prespawn bite is on. Stafford was drained about 10 years ago and stocked with Florida strain Largemouths and redear sunfish. Fishing was good last year with quite a few 8-10 pounders landed. We have a good crayfish population so that should be positive. On the not so positive end we have a ton of canadian geese and Novato is going to use a lot more water out of the lake this year. That said spring and early summer should be fantastic. I wll try and fish a little more this year and take some photos. Hard to fish and work at the same place plus I am trying to perfect surf flyfishing this year. I have a goal though, I want to collect feathers from around the lake and tie a fly and catch a fish. Well back to work tomorrow, Yeah I know tough place to work but someones got to do it.....Craig

Florida strain Largemouth and Redear Sunfish make a very good team. If they start threatening the local populace let us know, I'm sure we can form a posse to help get the villians under control. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Hey Craig,

Great to see you on the board (& a belated welcome!). BTW, very nice photos. Hope the weather settles down this weekend for more fishin' at "you-know-where"

- Mark
    Did you wet your noodle today?