Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long for Yuba to clear?

Default How long for Yuba to clear?

Anyone have an experienced guess how long it takes for the lower Yuba to clear.

Bill Carnazzo reported that yesterday it looked like "latte coffee from Starbuck's".

Assuming stable flows (it's 1400 now), no new rain, Deer Creek below 100CFS, how long until fishable?

I'm hoping for an answer of "in a day or two", we need decent water for our GBF club outing Saturday.

Thanks,

Pete

I would give it 2 days of steady flows. The fishing will be a little slow for 3 or 4 more days. I would much rather fish the yuba with stained water than clear. Thats been my experiance.

i crossed the Yuba 6 times today - still very ugly

Think the Yuba will be worthwhile by Sunday? That's my hall pass day. Also, anyone looked at the Feather up by 70?

BTW, this is my first post, but I've been reading for a while now. Great forum, good info. Glad to have found it.

Default Yuba Condition

I see the Yuba and the Feather almost daily and both are running very dirty around Marysville / Yuba City.

As for clearing on the Yuba???? I don't think so. It's running at 1808cfs as I write this and I would think it would take more like a week without any more rain to clear enough to fish. And, it looks like there might be some more rain coming Sunday, Monday,?

Upriver on the Feather things are still clear yesterday, but when you get a lot of rain on the west slope side then Honcut and Jack Slough really mud up the lower Feather.
    TONY

N Jacks Slough has been dumping in straight mud for a few weeks now -
    tom

A lot of the merck on the Yuba is coming from the Res. not just the creeks flowing. I would bet more like a week before it's worth fishing....

Thanks for the info. Might have to head up a bit further and try the Feather. Never fished up there before.

yuba - actually looked alittle better this morning -

so is it maybe a single latte instead of a triple now?
    any bets that it'll be fishable by Sunday, assuming no major rain?