Thread: night fishing stripers

Default night fishing stripers

I read on the 'sniffer board the other day that there is a proposal in the works to elminate or reduce striper fishing at night. Anybody hear about it or does no one want ot talk about it?

If it's true, I don't know how it's gonna be enforced, other than to ban ALL fishing on the rivers at night. I'm all in favor of a slot limit, but I don't relish losing another fishing opportunity.

Tracy
    When all else fails, put down the pole and swim with the dog.

I really REALLY enjoy fishing at night.....for anything, stripers included. As easy as these fish are during their river spawns at night though, I dO believe night fishing for them should be banned in their spawning grounds. Which is of little consequence to the massive area of their inhabitance anyway.
    However, in NO WAY do I believe this will advance any fish populations. We are NOT detrimenting our fisheries with a stick and a string.....we are enviriomentally anhialating them as mere babies before a stick and a string could even pester them.
    It just ain't right to pester ANYTHING in their bedroom!
    ....lee s.

Default nightfishing

I think that is just a rumor. Check out Marty Gingras post on Blantons board

Default night fishing

Sorry Tracy
    Back tracking I've seen you were the one who ask the ? on Dan's board
    Ralph