Thread: Coeur d'Alene Idaho

Default Coeur d'Alene Idaho

I will be in Idaho the end of March. I'll be there for four days and may be able to steal away early one morning. Does anybody have any recommendations on some good stream fishing in the area?

Dav

I would call or email these guys

http://www.nwoutfitters.com/shop.html

I fished a tributary to lake Coeur d'Alene many years ago...back when the memory turns a bit fuzzy. I was sight fishing gin clear water for large west slope cutts with streamers. I do remember it was in october tho. Also I fished the prist river out of sand point for some realy big rainbows. Again, check the link above.

Good luck!

Jay

Default Re: Coeur d'Alene Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by davkrat
    I will be in Idaho the end of March. I'll be there for four days and may be able to steal away early one morning. Does anybody have any recommendations on some good stream fishing in the area?
    we had a home on the Spokane river which flow out of Lake Coeur d' Alene - the river holds some great fish but they are very smart - if you get a chance get a guide & go out on the lake for Salmon - a 30 pounder would put a smile on your face -

I don't know the seasons up there, but one july I hit the St Joe for some very good cutbow fishing on dries. As I recall its on the E. side of the lake and a fair drive. HC

Default Idaho

Aloha, big trout in the lake, only tough onthe fly and very deep. Try the St. Joe, and go up stream as far as you can. Better yet hit Kelly Creek. Mems.
    Don Memmer

Default Re: Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by mems
    Aloha, big trout in the lake, only tough onthe fly and very deep. Try the St. Joe, and go up stream as far as you can. Better yet hit Kelly Creek. Mems.
    i could be wrong - it's been a long time but i don't think the St. Joe opens until mid April - don't forget - this is the North West - 4th of July your still wearing a jacket - i have seen heavy snows in march