Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: !!! JACKPOT !!!

DL,

The water at the bottom of that run used to be a great shad spot. I haven't fished it in years, but maybe this year the flows will be cooperative. The spot is just where the river makes the slight turn to the right facing down stream at the bottom of that riffle/run. Fishing from the rancho side is a no brainer, just throw a head from the end of the sand point as far as you can and let it swing. Fishing from the carmicheal side use to require a deep wade and a long cast to get it in the bucket. A few years ago when I fished it the wade was deeper and I was no taller. I almost fished that spot the other day from the carmicheal side, but it was getting late and I didn't feel like wading, so i hit the riffle and got skunked.

MSP,

It's all your fault! Or maybe the cougar wanted fish for dinner.

MN

Quote Originally Posted by mike-n
    The water at the bottom of that run used to be a great shad spot. I haven't fished it in years, but maybe this year the flows will be cooperative. The spot is just where the river makes the slight turn to the right facing down stream at the bottom of that riffle/run. Fishing from the rancho side is a no brainer, just throw a head from the end of the sand point as far as you can and let it swing. Fishing from the carmicheal side use to require a deep wade and a long cast to get it in the bucket.
    MN -

You're right - it looks like the mother of all Shad spots . I've taken Stripes in there , but the flows have to be below 2000 CFS to really cover the run from the south side . I think if it drops to 1200 ..... it could be the best spot in the upper river for what I do . I've tried to wade that section at 4000 ..... pretty much a death wish .

I hope we run into each other soon . Good hunting out there !!

David

I might be fishing Saturday afternoon, wanna hook up if I go?

MN

I'd love to Mike ..... but I'll be freezin' my nads off in Rancho Seco w/ a few of the boys .

Perhaps next week ???

David

Maybe the weekend after or an evening some time. We can take MSP and not do what he is doing. Next weekend I'm doing the camp Okizu work weekend with the guys at NCFFB, so fishing will have to wait.

If anyone is interested there is a work party scheduled for february 10 and 11 at Camp Okizu east of Oroville. This is a summer camp for kids with or recovering from cancer and their families. Contact UC at the NCFFB if you are interested. uc@ncffb.org

I did this last year and they worked us hard. We thinned out an old x-mas tree lot on the site then took the 3x6 thick decking off a 200' long dock at their swimming pond. we must have cut over 200 trees from 2" to 6" diameter then dragged them out to the road. Man do I not miss manual labor, but every aching muscle in my body was thankful I attended.

MN

Sounds good , MN -

MSP (along w/ Sturmer White and Chuck Won) is one of the best Nymphers around . Disturbing , really ..... I've seen those guys just raise the dead out of runs I've fished through first . Bastards ......

If we take him along .... it pretty much assures that he'll get 'em , and I won't !

I can't wait !!!!

David

Yea Mr. N, not doing what I have been doing would be a great idea

Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

I've fished with Chuck and MSP, but not Strumer. Might have to turn this into a mini bash.

MN

The worst part is ......

All three of 'em totally down-play their skills . IMO , nothing worse than having a humble spanking - at least give me some pointers while you out-fish me .

Come to think of it ...... each one did the same thing on the same river !! I'll never take them dudes back to the Bear again .....

David

MSP,

What?

MN