Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: !!! JACKPOT !!!

David, great job!!! Next time we get together, I want to hear every single gory detail!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Nice report David.

I didn't know one of my secret spots was so popular. I've been hitting that area sice I was a kid.

Figures I didn't get much there last week, MSP had already fished it!

MN

MN

Thanks Mike N. !!

I doubt that many will actively fish that water - the "Redd-Rapists" can't see anything spawning !

I know how you feel about the 'secret' spots - Everytime I'm at mine (on the lower river) and see anyone there ..... it makes me a bit ill .

Then I have to remind myself that MY water was being fished for years before I got to Sacramento . I have a difficult time NOT having an attachment to some places on the American , and I envy folks such as yourself that grew-up on this wonderful river .

We sure as hell are lucky to have a river like this one !!

David

Mike P., I have seen too many pictures of you or just your hand in contact with too many great fish to believe you're going through anything other than just a temporary slump. I'm sure you know it happens to all of us, so hang in there, it's just a matter of time. . . .
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Nice going David. I've been useing the "hiking filter" for years up in the canyons. The filter doesn't even have to be very big, 100 yards takes out 90% of the fishers. 300yds and you rarely see anyone. After half a mile in either direction of the parking lot your in the wilderness. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I keep telling myself the same thing Mike. Just a slump. keep after em you'll find one sooner or later. OK damnit, I''ll give it another try today. The weather has been perfect and the new pup loves to take me fishing. I wish he was better at locating fish, maybe he will find himself a cougar today

Mike N. don't be using me as an excuse. I saw a report from you lately, sounds like we're even!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

SullyTM Guest

Patience is a virtue!

Good job David!! I guess I need to stop working so much and find some fish..... Would love to see the action too
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

Right on David! =D>

Gives you a lot more confidence now that you nailed a biggun, huh! (At least for me it does)

David,

Glad you found one. And a nice one at that! I don't know of the area you talk about and fished, but it re-enforces my belief that all the steelhead can be found... in the river. One just needs to cast to them.

In other words, if you cast, they will come... eventually.

I'm happy for you, pal!

Ron

P.S. Having found that you landed a steelhead using legal means and persuasion, and, with the power invested with me, I hereby declare you NOT to be the worst steelhead fisherman. Go forth, young man, and seek the river's edge more often.
    fly: Very light artificial fly fishing lure of which there are two types: the dry fly which isn't supposed to sink the way it just did; and the wet fly, which shouldn't be floating up on the surface like that. An Angler's Dictionary.